Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch Not Alerting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Watch Not Alerting

Is anyone else having trouble with Score Watch?  For the past TWO months, I haven't gotten any alerts, but when I purchase my reports at the beginning of the month, my score has changed.  Shortly after, I get an email saying that I didn't have any score changes that month.  Kinda weird when I know that my score has changed.  Just wondering if this was happening to anyone else?
Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score Watch Not Alerting

Not making any excuses here, but the same happened to me when I was in repair mode. I had baddies falling off left and right and my score was increasing but wasn't getting any alerts. It was later that I realized that the score really isn't being monitored, per se, but will display a change if balances, increased, baddies were added, inquiry, etc. I learned that accounts falling off don't trigger an alert. And if scores increased as a result, then no alert either.

Also realized that my settings were off. I set mine to the most-sensitive levels and reset my target score to my current score. That increased my alerts.

Finally, the CC I was usuing declined the charge for SW. I went over a month and didn't realize that I didn't have the SW service. Never alerted to that either.

I don't know if the above helps, but my 2 cents anyway.
Message 2 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ilecs.  Both times, I made sure to change my alert settings.  I have it set as my current score.  I checked my bank statement and I am being charged for Score Watch, so I'm not sure what is going on.  I thought that the score was being monitored along with everything else.    I may have misunderstood.  Score Watch was working great for me before.  I've just had problems the past couple of months. 

Message 3 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the same problem the last couple of months. Balance increase on one account, Status changed on another. Didn't receive an alert for either but did get the email telling me there were no changes. Not sure what is going on.

Message 4 of 50
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

My credit reports have changed in major ways over the last month or so,  yet my score remains flat.

I have called MyFico and argued with their representatives over this issue several times:

They keep explaining something like this (I ask them to clarify because I'm sure this can't be true but they keep coming back to saying this is how it works):

They say my score changes only if I adjust my settings just right to alert me.  I keep saying that the score must be independent of any settings I make; I could set them high, low, not set them at all, not monitor my score at all, and my Fico score would still exist and would still change, right?

In other words, my desire to view my score should have nothing to do with what my score is, correct?  Isn't this obvious?

But they keep giving me excuses having to do with my settings.  This makes me suspect that the whole thing is bogus, and that scores are changed only when they have some reason to change them (based on customer action), which is not the way I thought Fico scoring worked.

If anyone from MyFico can explain this to me, please do.  It's hard to believe that with thousands of dollars in debt paid off in the last few months, my score has not budged one point.

Message Edited by ChesterPDexter on 03-11-2009 06:22 AM
Not applicable

I have been religious about making sure my alerts are set to trigger at any change - and my score change is set to match my current score. FICO takes two seconds to drop my score if there is a baddie - like a balance increase or an inquiry. But if I pay off a card (as I did recently) or decrease my utilization or make any positive changes to my credit I see no change at all. It seems as if FICO is only here to be used against the consumer. They are here to serve the credit industry and justify charging higher rates by only reporting negative actions and disregarding most positive changes. Someone tell me I am wrong - but this is what I have seen over the last 5 years of monitoring my score.

Message 6 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Watch does not alert just because your FICO score changes. It's almost as simple as that. You NEED to set your target score to your current score if you want to be alerted about a change.

Want a new score and have had changes that will not trigger ScoreWatch? Dispute a regular account(not collection) online at Equifax, and  you should get an alert in 3 days or less.

If you get no alerts doing that, cancel scorewatch. If you think it is worth it, signup again, you may get more alerts.

I agree it is almost like bait and switch. Why? You get tons of alerts the first few months, then they come to  hault and you forget you ever subscrbed, but are still paying for it. You then see it on your CC statement and wonder why you haven't gotten alerts in a while.

Those are my thoughts.

Message 7 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my settings set to my current score so it should have alerted me to a change in either direction.
Message 8 of 50
upupandaway

I have religiously followed the advice of so many knowledgeable people on this forum such as placing settings on the minimum level, setting my score to the current score etc. but Score Watch just does not work for me.  Out of curiosity I pulled a free score report and seconds (literally seconds after I pulled my report I received a message on my blackberry that states No Alerts this Weeks from myFico) after I pulled a new report I realized that my score had gone up 10 points.  My score watch was set to the current settings therefore I believe I should have received an alert.   I felt the need to pulled a score report because last month I emailed customer support regarding this same issue.  After speaking with customer service I realized  I had an increase, as of this date I still have yet to receive an alert.  The CSR's are very nice however it appears that no one can explain the lack of alerts.  I feel like I am using my free reports to test the system and not when they should be used after an alert or change to my credit report. This is very frustrating--can anyone please advise what I can do differently.  Thank you so much.
Message 9 of 50
UpandUp
Contributor

Same here.  When I first signed up I received alerts "regularly."  Now I have to repull reports "Get today's Score" to see the changes.  Heavy working going on with my reports over last month, but after the initial alerts I don't receive any, even though I know there have been changes.
10/10/17: EQ:662, :TU:650, EX:672 - FICO
700 Club, here I come!
Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.