Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch Not Reporting Newer Scores

tag
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

Score Watch Not Reporting Newer Scores

Does anyone know why score watch isnt updating?  I was on the phone with tech support the other day, changed my settings.  I got an alert stating there was NO SCORE change, but as impatient as I am with all the work I have been doing I clicked on POWER score.  When I did that, my score had gone up almost 20 pts.  Does anyone know why this happens?  Will it always not update?  I look forward to the alerts and updates with all the repair work.  Please LMK, thank you!

Starting Score:
August Equifax 558 TU 600 EX 570
Current Score: Equifax FICO 642 TU FICO662 EX 651 (credit.com) 06/21/2013
Goal Score: 720 All Across

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Re: Score Watch Not Reporting Newer Scores

Are you keeping your target score set to your current score?

Every time you get a score alert and your score changes, you need to reset your target score to your new score.

While your report is checked regularly for substantive changes (new accounts, balance increases, other alerts listed in SW "Settings"), your actual score is only checked against your target score once/week. So it's very important to keep your target score updated.

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 2 of 21
Freakshow77
Valued Member

But they should alert you to a new account though correct? Mine doesn't even do that. I just changed my target score to how you said so maybe it will work now
Message 3 of 21
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

im having the same issue. 

it has said no changes have been made to my score. (2 seperate emails.)

it gave me alerts for my ae account reporting 19 dollars higher and 4 new inq. but no score change. 

it was set at my previous score right when i bought the year subscription and then changed when i got the new updated score. 

now its stayed at 689 since the 8/30 report update. 

and fyi. my score alert is set to alert when i reach 689. so eithier it hasnt changed or im just doing something wrong. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 21
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

well as always as soon as i said something. 

got a score alert today 

jumped from 689 to 708. 

reason given was because i am not heavily using my credit. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 5 of 21
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

I am still questioning mine, I need to call them.  I had two collection accounts removed and one negative account late payments updated to reflect no lates.  Activity for credit karma was reported (I know that's transunion) and there is activity for experian.  Equifax should have gone up I would think, maybe i will get notificaton later.  I have confirmations of deletions.

Starting Score:

Message 6 of 21
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:

I am still questioning mine, I need to call them.  I had two collection accounts removed and one negative account late payments updated to reflect no lates.  Activity for credit karma was reported (I know that's transunion) and there is activity for experian.  Equifax should have gone up I would think, maybe i will get notificaton later.  I have confirmations of deletions.

SW will Not send an alert for any kind of "deletion" lol trust me...i had to learn the hard way. i had a collections acct deleted and was VERY IMPATIENTLY waiting for a SW alert to give me my new score, but it never set it off. i think it was like to weeks later i had a Balance increase that set it off and it updated my score, it jumped 66 pts! You probaly need something to happen to set off and alert, as a deletion on its own will not do. Congrats on your deletion tho!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 21
LoveGoodCredit
Frequent Contributor

That dosent make sense!

Deletions should increase your score and trigger an alert, so I would think?

sigh.

I am going to pay down my CC so that should start triggering them.  Scorewatch is good for activity but so is Credit Karma.  I was hoping the last two deletions would bump up my score they were recent and being reported incorrectly.

Starting Score:

Message 8 of 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:

That dosent make sense!

Not always. Many on here, present company included, have lost points by removing a CO because of the lost age. Sometimes the age of the TL helps more than the baddie hurts. Or maybe there was a dispute comment prior to deletion and deleted baddie wouldn't help any because of that comment. Or a combo of both. I never experienced this, but some lost due to rebucketing if it was their last baddie. Always set your target score to match the current score. That was if it increases or decreases, you'll get notified.

ETA...if you have a change on one report, never assume you'd see the same change on the other report. They never update at the same time. Sometimes one report will update but the other won't at all.

Message 9 of 21
Azumi1
Regular Contributor

@LoveGoodCredit wrote:

That dosent make sense!

sigh.

I am going to pay down my CC so that should start triggering them.  Scorewatch is good for activity but so is Credit Karma.  I was hoping the last two deletions would bump up my score they were recent and being reported incorrectly.

I've paid two of my accounts down from 44-50% uti to 30% and no change in score or an alert

From 566 in 8/2012 to..

EQ 704 /TU 690 / EX 730

Discover IT 6000, Amex BCE 10000, FNBO Amex 3500, Cap 1 platinum 2000, Walmart Discover 5000, Orchard Bank platinum 3000, Best Buy 5000, Merrick Bank 1600, Target Visa 700
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.