Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 312
Registered: ‎08-16-2011
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

I just read on another thread that it doesn't alert based on a decrease on balance(s), but I'm pretty sure there would be some sort of score increase due to paying down these balances. I went ahead and adjusted my settings to alert me just 1 more point than what my last alert was set at so that I can get some sort of update soon (I hope). I haven't purchased a report in months, and didn't want to until the lower balances reported but I'm at a race for time and hope it updates soon! Otherwise I'll just go to the bank and cross my fingers and guess where I'm at :smileyhappy:

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 32,869
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating


RW771 wrote:

I just read on another thread that it doesn't alert based on a decrease on balance(s), but I'm pretty sure there would be some sort of score increase due to paying down these balances. I went ahead and adjusted my settings to alert me just 1 more point than what my last alert was set at so that I can get some sort of update soon (I hope). I haven't purchased a report in months, and didn't want to until the lower balances reported but I'm at a race for time and hope it updates soon! Otherwise I'll just go to the bank and cross my fingers and guess where I'm at :smileyhappy:



I recommend setting it differently. Set it to EXACTLY match your last FICO score/score alert. That way if the score decreases or increases, you'll get alerted. Paying down CC debt don't always guarantee a score increase.

Member
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎01-17-2012
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

[ Edited ]

I don't know if it was cooincidental or what, but I had mine set to the same score for a while and got no changes while drastically paying down balances.

 

So I changed the score to check for my score+1, and got a notice the next day. Changed it again to that score+1, and got another alert the following day.

 

So either there was a delay and the messages hit me back to back days, or changing it to +1 did the trick.. or some other mysterious power :smileyhappy:

 

Either way, a 29 point jump over a 2 day span made me happy.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 312
Registered: ‎08-16-2011
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

ok well the suspense was killing me so I broke down and purchased a new SW report and my score actually HAD changed. I received my last notification by email on Tuesday saying there was no score watch alerts for the week. I hadn't received a SW alert since 02/12 when my score increased to a 651 and now it's a 654. Not sure why, but I guess I'm not being notified as I had thought.

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

New Member
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎12-11-2009
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

I

JE3146 wrote:

I don't know if it was cooincidental or what, but I had mine set to the same score for a while and got no changes while drastically paying down balances.

 

So I changed the score to check for my score+1, and got a notice the next day. Changed it again to that score+1, and got another alert the following day.

 

So either there was a delay and the messages hit me back to back days, or changing it to +1 did the trick.. or some other mysterious power :smileyhappy:

 

Either way, a 29 point jump over a 2 day span made me happy.


just read your post this morning, and was expecting my score to increase because of paying off all my balances. I received An email yesterday saying scorewatch has nothing to report for the week. So I did what you did with, score +1 today. I went out to do some errands and got an email alert about a score change... Yep, increase to 800. Maybe coincidence, who knows?
Established Member
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎01-09-2008
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

Haven't had an update since December 15 and have paid off two cc's. What do I need to do to get an update?
Administrator Emeritus
Posts: 4,413
Registered: ‎03-01-2007
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating


NMW2008 wrote:
Haven't had an update since December 15 and have paid off two cc's. What do I need to do to get an update?

Hi NMW2008,

 

I don't know why it seems like you can go a couple of months without a SW alert, then post about it here on the Feedback board, and mysteriously an alert is generated.  Believe me, this phenomenon is purely coincidental, and not the result of someone at myFICO reading about it and shooting out an alert.

 

That said, it appears you were sent a score change alert on March 3rd.  As a reminder, be sure to re-set your target score to the one you just received.

 

-Barry

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a past life I served as consumer affairs manager, media spokesman and myFICO Forums community manager at FICO. I'm now freelance writing about credit at CreditCards.com and my own site, SpeakingOfCredit.com.
Established Contributor
Posts: 866
Registered: ‎09-22-2011
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

I will confirm that if your settings are correct, you will be notified of any changes.  All of mine are dead on but not always immediately.

Established Member
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎01-09-2008
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

Yes I was sent an alert the day after posting! Hey, I ll take that!!

 

Thanks for your reply!

 

Nicole

Established Contributor
Posts: 866
Registered: ‎09-22-2011
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating


NMW2008 wrote:

Yes I was sent an alert the day after posting! Hey, I ll take that!!

 

Thanks for your reply!

 

Nicole


    Patience is golden when you are working with a quality product!

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.