Did you mean: 

Score Watch Not Updating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

@singulardedication wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been a lurker on this forum for quite a while.... but today I am pretty upset and decided to post! I have not received an alert since February 23rd. Since then, I have paid my util down quite a bit and have had four collections removed from my reports.  I have received two alerts this week from a different credit monitoring service. Although those scores are fakos, they show almost a 100 point gain!!! Still NO ALERTS from myfico!!!!!!! I do have my alerts on myfico set to my exact score so I know that isn't the problem! I refuse to believe that my FICO didn't increase at all!!!

I share your concern over the delay in SW updates.  For me, EQ's CMS reported a nice balance reduction and a sold score jump, which I am also waiting on SW to update.

Since this just happened Thursday I expect a SW update will occur in about 7-10 days after.

Now if you did not have score watch, what would it cost you??  $20 per full FICO report say 3+ times a month = $60+ per month

Score watch costs even less than a single report and it gives you score updates based on changes that trigger alerts (like I just got a new account alert) or if just score change ever 7-10 days.  Score Watch's price of $15/m seams fair to me...  Now if you don't like it and want to buy a full FICO report every week Smiley Happy

This link helps:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/Score-Watch-Guide/td-p/603543 (the Score Watch guide at the top of this forum)

P.S. How about Score Watch Premium with say 3-4 day updates for $25-35/m? (plus perhaps an extra fico pull every month or ability to see soft pulls or ...)

I didn't complain at all about the price, I think it is more than fair.  I was just frustrated that what I am paying for wasn't working correctly. I am working hard to repair my credit and would like to see my progress. I understand and expect a little lag time but dang!

By the way, obviously there was someting wrong.  About 30 minutes after I posted this, I received an alert.....60 point gain!! It wasn't coincidental that I got the alert right after my post either! So, thank you to the administrators that monitor the boards and check into customer complaints. I really appreciated getting the alert tonight!Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 57
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@singulardedication wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been a lurker on this forum for quite a while.... but today I am pretty upset and decided to post! I have not received an alert since February 23rd. Since then, I have paid my util down quite a bit and have had four collections removed from my reports.  I have received two alerts this week from a different credit monitoring service. Although those scores are fakos, they show almost a 100 point gain!!! Still NO ALERTS from myfico!!!!!!! I do have my alerts on myfico set to my exact score so I know that isn't the problem! I refuse to believe that my FICO didn't increase at all!!!

I share your concern over the delay in SW updates.  For me, EQ's CMS reported a nice balance reduction and a sold score jump, which I am also waiting on SW to update.

Since this just happened Thursday I expect a SW update will occur in about 7-10 days after.

Now if you did not have score watch, what would it cost you??  $20 per full FICO report say 3+ times a month = $60+ per month

Score watch costs even less than a single report and it gives you score updates based on changes that trigger alerts (like I just got a new account alert) or if just score change ever 7-10 days.  Score Watch's price of $15/m seams fair to me...  Now if you don't like it and want to buy a full FICO report every week Smiley Happy

This link helps:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/Score-Watch-Guide/td-p/603543 (the Score Watch guide at the top of this forum)

P.S. How about Score Watch Premium with say 3-4 day updates for $25-35/m? (plus perhaps an extra fico pull every month or ability to see soft pulls or ...)

I didn't complain at all about the price, I think it is more than fair.  I was just frustrated that what I am paying for wasn't working correctly. I am working hard to repair my credit and would like to see my progress. I understand and expect a little lag time but dang!

By the way, obviously there was someting wrong.  About 30 minutes after I posted this, I received an alert.....60 point gain!! It wasn't coincidental that I got the alert right after my post either! So, thank you to the administrators that monitor the boards and check into customer complaints. I really appreciated getting the alert tonight!Smiley Happy

Hi MzHunt,

Honestly, if I had the power to make Score Watch send alerts, everyone here would be alerted every day!  (it's okay, tho, if you'd rather believe you can get alerted by posting to this board... and then give me credit for it)  Smiley Wink

Congrats on the 60 point gain!!!

Barry

Message 32 of 57
seemund
Contributor

Oh well, mine hasn't updated in 1 week. I know my credit increased (due to paying some revolving debt), and CreditKarma already updated, but I guess I'll just have to wait Smiley Sad

Message 33 of 57
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@seemund wrote:

Oh well, mine hasn't updated in 1 week. I know my credit increased (due to paying some revolving debt), and CreditKarma already updated, but I guess I'll just have to wait Smiley Sad

I wouldn't trust CK for NOTHING

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 34 of 57
seemund
Contributor

I ended up bitting the bullet, and bought a Power Score Report...

Credit is now 738 (EQ), similar to what CK tells me.

Funny how it jumped 30 points in 1 week (paying a lot of debt down), but Score Watch didn't tell me Smiley Sad

Message 35 of 57
Student_Loans_Kill
Frequent Contributor

@seemund wrote:

Funny how it jumped 30 points in 1 week (paying a lot of debt down), but Score Watch didn't tell me Smiley Sad

Same here

Starting Score: 656
Current Score: 678 TU 08, 665 EQ MyFico, 698 EX PSECU
Goal Score: 7OO needed for Mortgage application

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 36 of 57
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@Student_Loans_Kill wrote:

@seemund wrote:

Same here

I had one balance go up by $2, and I just got a SW update. I know other balances have gone down quite a bit. May not have been enough to change the FICO though. The $2 hit CreditKarma today as well, FYI.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 37 of 57
Errin1
Contributor

I have paid down a considerable amount of debt and haven't received a notice from Score watch either. Matter of fact I haven't received an alert from scorewatch since March 2nd.Smiley Mad I used to get an update twice ...sometimes even three times a week.

hr> src="http://i.imgur.com/LEYWe.png">Starting Score: TU 610 EQ 655 - 8/2010
Current Score: EQ 714 9/13 EXP 708 8/13 TU 717 8/13
Goal Score: too much of a yoyo, maintain the 700's for 2013

Message 38 of 57
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Errin1 wrote:

I have paid down a considerable amount of debt and haven't received a notice from Score watch either. Matter of fact I haven't received an alert from scorewatch since March 2nd.Smiley Mad I used to get an update twice ...sometimes even three times a week.

Hi Errin1,

Hopefully, you're aware that SW doesn't alert you to balance decreases?  But, I can understand how you might be expecting a score increase after paying down some debt.  What kind of debt did you pay down?  If it's credit card, the chances of a score increase are good, while if it's installment, collection or public record debts that were paid, don't expect to see much, if any, score change.

Also, to be alerted to the next score change, it's a good idea to set your target as your current/latest EQ score.  For more info on SW, check out Score Watch Guide.

Barry

Message 39 of 57
Errin1
Contributor

Thanks Barry for the info. It was CC debt (finished paying off Xmas) so I expected to see an increase but I haven't seen a thing. I set my score to my current and it's been over 2 weeks and nada. I even had a spike with my bogus creditkarma score but no change on ScoreWatch.

hr> src="http://i.imgur.com/LEYWe.png">Starting Score: TU 610 EQ 655 - 8/2010
Current Score: EQ 714 9/13 EXP 708 8/13 TU 717 8/13
Goal Score: too much of a yoyo, maintain the 700's for 2013

Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.