Reply
Administrator Emeritus
Barry
Posts: 4,390
Registered: ‎03-01-2007
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating


Errin1 wrote:

Thanks Barry for the info. It was CC debt (finished paying off Xmas) so I expected to see an increase but I haven't seen a thing. I set my score to my current and it's been over 2 weeks and nada. I even had a spike with my bogus creditkarma score but no change on ScoreWatch.


Hi Errin1,

 

We checked, and it looks like your target score has been set quite a bit higher than your latest score over the past few weeks, with it being reset to a couple of points below your latest EQ score most recently.  You may want to double check and reset it exactly to your current score.  We've added a free report so you can do this.  Hope there's a score increase there for you.

 

Barry

In a past life I served as FICO consumer affairs manager, FICO media spokesman, and myFICO Forums community manager from 2007 to 2012. I'm now freelance writing about credit at CreditCards.com and on my own site, SpeakingOfCredit.com.
Contributor
Errin1
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎08-12-2010
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

Thanks Barry. No change at all. For some reason the CC are not reporting to Eq....at least not the cards I paid huge amounts to. Considering I paid in Jan/Feb and I know when they close, they're taking their sweet time to report payment and lower my utilization. :smileymad:

hr> src="http://i.imgur.com/LEYWe.png">Starting Score: TU 610 EQ 655 - 8/2010
Current Score: EQ 714 9/13 EXP 708 8/13 TU 717 8/13
Goal Score: too much of a yoyo, maintain the 700's for 2013

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Visitor
frankster68
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎10-14-2012
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

officially requesting a pull on new score. looking at my graph and i had not receved a score update for FOUR MONTHS. really??  what am i paying for??

Established Contributor
gettnthere
Posts: 912
Registered: ‎06-14-2012
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating


frankster68 wrote:

officially requesting a pull on new score. looking at my graph and i had not receved a score update for FOUR MONTHS. really??  what am i paying for??


Has anything changed with your EQ credit report in those 4months?



Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Regular Contributor
rm3
Posts: 198
Registered: ‎03-02-2012
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

I would like a SW alert from lowering my util as well. Fakos jumped +100 points. Sighs. Will cancel by the end of the year.

Starting EQ Fico: 536 (3/12)
Current EQ Fico: 649 (9/13)-lender pull
TU Fico: 684 (8/13) 711-lender pull 9/13
EX Fico: 646 (8/13) 655-lender pull 9/13
Blogger
HiLine
Posts: 3,090
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

Lowering utlization ratio = change in balance = credit alert? 

Frequent Contributor
basballguy
Posts: 360
Registered: ‎02-20-2008
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

man i'm so bummed out by this.  I thought the alerts worked for increases and decreases so i burned my other "free" report pull 3 days before I had a TL updated. 

 

I paid down my utilization from 100% to 25% but now i don't get to see it unless i buy a report :smileysad:

 


Blogger
HiLine
Posts: 3,090
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating


basballguy wrote:

man i'm so bummed out by this.  I thought the alerts worked for increases and decreases so i burned my other "free" report pull 3 days before I had a TL updated. 

 

I paid down my utilization from 100% to 25% but now i don't get to see it unless i buy a report :smileysad:

 


Not sure I'm following ... If you set the alert threshold to be exactly your current score, you'll be alerted whenever there's a score change I think.

 

Valued Contributor
Epcot
Posts: 2,789
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating


HiLine wrote:

Not sure I'm following ... If you set the alert threshold to be exactly your current score, you'll be alerted whenever there's a score change I think.


 

That has been my experience.. Although I usually get a myFico alert several days after I get one from a different Credit Monitoring service I use.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Frequent Contributor
basballguy
Posts: 360
Registered: ‎02-20-2008
0

Re: Score Watch Not Updating


HiLine wrote:

basballguy wrote:

man i'm so bummed out by this.  I thought the alerts worked for increases and decreases so i burned my other "free" report pull 3 days before I had a TL updated. 

 

I paid down my utilization from 100% to 25% but now i don't get to see it unless i buy a report :smileysad:

 


Not sure I'm following ... If you set the alert threshold to be exactly your current score, you'll be alerted whenever there's a score change I think.

 


I think you're confusing me with someone else.  I never said I did this trick...nor did i know about it (although i do now).

 

All i said was I assumed the alerts would trigger on (balance) increases and decreases.  I know now it only works on increases.  It'd be cool if i could get reimbursed the free SW since i did go ahead and purchase another SW after i made this post. 

 



myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}