Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch Not Updating

tag
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

I just read on another thread that it doesn't alert based on a decrease on balance(s), but I'm pretty sure there would be some sort of score increase due to paying down these balances. I went ahead and adjusted my settings to alert me just 1 more point than what my last alert was set at so that I can get some sort of update soon (I hope). I haven't purchased a report in months, and didn't want to until the lower balances reported but I'm at a race for time and hope it updates soon! Otherwise I'll just go to the bank and cross my fingers and guess where I'm at Smiley Happy

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 11 of 57
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@RW771 wrote:

I just read on another thread that it doesn't alert based on a decrease on balance(s), but I'm pretty sure there would be some sort of score increase due to paying down these balances. I went ahead and adjusted my settings to alert me just 1 more point than what my last alert was set at so that I can get some sort of update soon (I hope). I haven't purchased a report in months, and didn't want to until the lower balances reported but I'm at a race for time and hope it updates soon! Otherwise I'll just go to the bank and cross my fingers and guess where I'm at Smiley Happy

I recommend setting it differently. Set it to EXACTLY match your last FICO score/score alert. That way if the score decreases or increases, you'll get alerted. Paying down CC debt don't always guarantee a score increase.

Message 12 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if it was cooincidental or what, but I had mine set to the same score for a while and got no changes while drastically paying down balances.

So I changed the score to check for my score+1, and got a notice the next day. Changed it again to that score+1, and got another alert the following day.

So either there was a delay and the messages hit me back to back days, or changing it to +1 did the trick.. or some other mysterious power Smiley Happy

Either way, a 29 point jump over a 2 day span made me happy.

Message 13 of 57
RW771
Frequent Contributor

ok well the suspense was killing me so I broke down and purchased a new SW report and my score actually HAD changed. I received my last notification by email on Tuesday saying there was no score watch alerts for the week. I hadn't received a SW alert since 02/12 when my score increased to a 651 and now it's a 654. Not sure why, but I guess I'm not being notified as I had thought.

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 14 of 57
RHairstone

I

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if it was cooincidental or what, but I had mine set to the same score for a while and got no changes while drastically paying down balances.

So I changed the score to check for my score+1, and got a notice the next day. Changed it again to that score+1, and got another alert the following day.

So either there was a delay and the messages hit me back to back days, or changing it to +1 did the trick.. or some other mysterious power Smiley Happy

Either way, a 29 point jump over a 2 day span made me happy.

just read your post this morning, and was expecting my score to increase because of paying off all my balances. I received An email yesterday saying scorewatch has nothing to report for the week. So I did what you did with, score +1 today. I went out to do some errands and got an email alert about a score change... Yep, increase to 800. Maybe coincidence, who knows?
Message 15 of 57
NMW2008
Established Member

Haven't had an update since December 15 and have paid off two cc's. What do I need to do to get an update?
Message 16 of 57
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@NMW2008 wrote:
Haven't had an update since December 15 and have paid off two cc's. What do I need to do to get an update?

Hi NMW2008,

I don't know why it seems like you can go a couple of months without a SW alert, then post about it here on the Feedback board, and mysteriously an alert is generated.  Believe me, this phenomenon is purely coincidental, and not the result of someone at myFICO reading about it and shooting out an alert.

That said, it appears you were sent a score change alert on March 3rd.  As a reminder, be sure to re-set your target score to the one you just received.

-Barry

Message 17 of 57
namvet
Established Contributor

I will confirm that if your settings are correct, you will be notified of any changes.  All of mine are dead on but not always immediately.

Message 18 of 57
NMW2008
Established Member

Yes I was sent an alert the day after posting! Hey, I ll take that!!

Thanks for your reply!

Nicole

Message 19 of 57
namvet
Established Contributor

@NMW2008 wrote:

Yes I was sent an alert the day after posting! Hey, I ll take that!!

Thanks for your reply!

Nicole

Patience is golden when you are working with a quality product!

Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.