Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch Not Updating

tag
RW771
Frequent Contributor

Re: Score Watch Not Updating

I hate to do it but what are the proper steps in order to cancel scorewatch? I activated it back in September when I was monitoring my score in order to buy my house and wanted to keep it around to monitor my progress but I'm not getting updated like I should. I thought I'd receive a reply back to my last response above but I really need to discontinue since I'm not receiving the alerts.

I will still continue to be a happy MyFico customer and order my reports as I need them and still enjoy being an active member in the forum community. Thanks!

05/31/2013 672 EQ (Fico), 03/08/2012 697 TU (Fico)

Closed on my first home 12/07/11! Officially a homeowner, thanks to this forum!!!

Message 21 of 57
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@RW771 wrote:

I hate to do it but what are the proper steps in order to cancel scorewatch? I activated it back in September when I was monitoring my score in order to buy my house and wanted to keep it around to monitor my progress but I'm not getting updated like I should. I thought I'd receive a reply back to my last response above but I really need to discontinue since I'm not receiving the alerts.

I will still continue to be a happy MyFico customer and order my reports as I need them and still enjoy being an active member in the forum community. Thanks!

Hi RW771,

To cancel SW, just contact myFICO Customer Care by phone or email.  But don't stop contributing to the Forums!  Smiley Happy

-Barry

Message 22 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to update this comment. The score watch did update just 3 days late.

Message 23 of 57
CreditHelp27
Established Member

There is a problem with MyFico updating score changes. I just got off the phone with customer service. MyFico does not stand behind their products and they will not issue refunds. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone speaking to a supervisor expressing my dissatisfaction with the product, just so he could tell me that "we don't issue refunds". Honestly, he could have just told me that in the beggining. I felt as though I wasted 30 minutes of my breath. I wasn't expecting a full refund, it is the principle of the matter. Any amount of refund would have have shown concern about customer satisfaction. 

This is the second time that I have had the issue with not receiving SCORE CHANGE alerts. This is the only reason I pay for this service! MyFico does not care.

Message 24 of 57
CreditHelp27
Established Member

@RW771 wrote:

ok well the suspense was killing me so I broke down and purchased a new SW report and my score actually HAD changed. I received my last notification by email on Tuesday saying there was no score watch alerts for the week. I hadn't received a SW alert since 02/12 when my score increased to a 651 and now it's a 654. Not sure why, but I guess I'm not being notified as I had thought.

Same thing happened to me, and the supervisor tells me that "it was going to issue you an alert ". Yeah, so twice (this happened to me 2 years ago as well) my fico score, just so happened to change at the EXACT time that I broke down and pulled the Score Power report, even though I had been receiving emails saying there was no change, and had received an email that very day.

Message 25 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditHelp27 wrote:

@RW771 wrote:

ok well the suspense was killing me so I broke down and purchased a new SW report and my score actually HAD changed. I received my last notification by email on Tuesday saying there was no score watch alerts for the week. I hadn't received a SW alert since 02/12 when my score increased to a 651 and now it's a 654. Not sure why, but I guess I'm not being notified as I had thought.

Same thing happened to me, and the supervisor tells me that "it was going to issue you an alert ". Yeah, so twice (this happened to me 2 years ago as well) my fico score, just so happened to change at the EXACT time that I broke down and pulled the Score Power report, even though I had been receiving emails saying there was no change, and had received an email that very day.

From a programming standpoint, if the alerts are triggered on score changes this sadly makes sense. If you pull your score, the database is likely updated to the new score which triggers an alert.

That would leave 3 possibilities. Either it changed within the 7-10 day window, their window is much larger than that, or it wasn't getting updated.

While I've gotten 2 alerts so far since starting my subscription, I have no idea if they're even accurate or outdated completely, but I don't want to waste a power report to find out. Smiley Indifferent

Message 26 of 57
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

From the looks of it (this 3 page thread), I'm not really seeing the value in giving up $14.95 for the service.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 27 of 57
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah there must be something off. I always get a score watch on my chase card on the 28th. I paid off 2400 this month on it so I know it should be going up. I emailed chase and they told me that they report 3 days after the statement is sent.

That is mighty good intel Blueikid84! I did not know about Chase being 3 days after the statement. I will now know when to be watching. THANKS!

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 28 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a lurker on this forum for quite a while.... but today I am pretty upset and decided to post! I have not received an alert since February 23rd. Since then, I have paid my util down quite a bit and have had four collections removed from my reports.  I have received two alerts this week from a different credit monitoring service. Although those scores are fakos, they show almost a 100 point gain!!! Still NO ALERTS from myfico!!!!!!! I do have my alerts on myfico set to my exact score so I know that isn't the problem! I refuse to believe that my FICO didn't increase at all!!!

Message 29 of 57
singulardedication
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been a lurker on this forum for quite a while.... but today I am pretty upset and decided to post! I have not received an alert since February 23rd. Since then, I have paid my util down quite a bit and have had four collections removed from my reports.  I have received two alerts this week from a different credit monitoring service. Although those scores are fakos, they show almost a 100 point gain!!! Still NO ALERTS from myfico!!!!!!! I do have my alerts on myfico set to my exact score so I know that isn't the problem! I refuse to believe that my FICO didn't increase at all!!!

I share your concern over the delay in SW updates.  For me, EQ's CMS reported a nice balance reduction and a sold score jump, which I am also waiting on SW to update.

Since this just happened Thursday I expect a SW update will occur in about 7-10 days after.

Now if you did not have score watch, what would it cost you??  $20 per full FICO report say 3+ times a month = $60+ per month

Score watch costs even less than a single report and it gives you score updates based on changes that trigger alerts (like I just got a new account alert) or if just score change ever 7-10 days.  Score Watch's price of $15/m seams fair to me...  Now if you don't like it and want to buy a full FICO report every week Smiley Happy

This link helps:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/Score-Watch-Guide/td-p/603543 (the Score Watch guide at the top of this forum)

P.S. How about Score Watch Premium with say 3-4 day updates for $25-35/m? (plus perhaps an extra fico pull every month or ability to see soft pulls or ...)

Starting Score: TU 732 | EQ 655 | EX Plus 725 [Jan 2012]
Current Score: TU 697 | EQ 694 | EX 659 (psecu) [aPRIL 2012]
Goal Score: 760 In Aggressive paydown mode, thinking Amex BCE for 2013

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.