Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch - Not doing aything

tag
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

Score Watch - Not doing aything

Simply put.  I signed up for score watch and I have never gotten a single report from it.  I've had lots of fluctuations with no email sent to me.  I have another credit monitoring service using FAKO and when I check it and see a change I go on here and do a real pull. 

For example, I had it set to let me know when I hit 670.  I saw a huge jump in my FAKO so I pulled it here and it went from 665 to 680.  What gives?

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Re: Score Watch - Not doing aything

I suggest that you go to score watch and then go to settings.  Set your target score to exactly what your current score is showing on the score watch.  This is will trigger an alert everytime your score changes.  Your FAKO has nothing to do with your FICO, and your FICO might not have changed enough to meet your current target.

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 2 of 19
pritchardhallhokie
Frequent Contributor

You're no understanding me.  I pull my FAKO everyday cuz it's free, and when I see a huge increase I pull my FICO.  And my FICO has moved a great deal in the past and NEVER alerts me via scorewatch.  I have set my target score and it has passed it and still hasn't alerted me.....

Any suggestions?

Starting Score: 584TU / 580EQ
Current Score: 670 TU / 680EQ
Goal Score: 720 TU / 720 EQ

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 19
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

I would repost your concern in the product feedback forum, and then the myfico team can look into it.  Maybe a MOD could move it for you!

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 4 of 19
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@diveforfun97 wrote:

I would repost your concern in the product feedback forum, and then the myfico team can look into it.  Maybe a MOD could move it for you!

Happy to do it.

Message 5 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@pritchardhallhokie wrote:

You're no understanding me.  I pull my FAKO everyday cuz it's free, and when I see a huge increase I pull my FICO.  And my FICO has moved a great deal in the past and NEVER alerts me via scorewatch.  I have set my target score and it has passed it and still hasn't alerted me.....

Any suggestions?

How often do you pull via that CMS? If you are coming back here immediately after pulling fresh reports, then you likely wouldn't get an alert for that score change if you pulled a new FICO report. In other words, I believe, a new report pull from myFICO will nullify any score alerts. These alerts aren't instantaneous either. Changes to the report as mentioned in the SW Guide come within a day or so (IME anyway), but the Score Alerts are only caught by SW every 7 days or so. So, if you see a baddie fall off, for example, and because SW won't alert you to dropped baddies, you could be nullifying the SW Score Alert if you pull a new EQ FICO report prior to that weekly score monitoring. Now if you get a score change due to an increased balance, new inquiry, new TL, or whatever, and because those alerts usually come within a day ot two, then you should be alerted to that score change if the your score passed your target score. Now, again, if you are tracking changes in real-time (I know what it's like pulling a new report every few hours...good times) and you are coming back here the instant your report changes, then you won't get a score alert because you were alerted to the score change when you pulled the new EQ FICO report.

Another thing to point out is that if your FAKO spikes up by 50 points, then that doesn't mean your FICO would do the same. I just had an est. 70 point increase on a FAKO for my TU. I came back here any my FICO increased 10. Now that FAKO is still about 60 points lower than my TU FICO, so I'll take FICO anyday, but increases or decreases in one doesn't mean an increase or decrease in the other. The opposite can be true. I removed a CA once and my FICO went up 50 or so, IIRC, but I remember my FAKO dropped. I guess CAs factored into the history for that FAKO. I dunno. I don't care. I know you are saying that your target was surpassed, but maybe there were prior instances that the score didn't change as much as the FAKO to not hit that target.

Finally, make sure you are getting alerts. Even if your score changes, and you nullified the alert due to a new pull, you should still be receiving alerts from SW saying that your score didn't change. Check your e-mail for those. They come weekly for me (if I'm pulling a new report all the time).

Message 6 of 19
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i am having this same problem Smiley Mad my last update was january 05, 2011. notice the lack of updates in the graph as of lately. whats up!!! i know i am due for an update.

Your score history

Edited to remove graph...see post below - llecs, myFICO moderator
earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 7 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Scottwagnon, I zapped the graph because when you do a direct copy and paste, the graph I see and the graph you see are two different things. When you copy and paste like that, it loads my SW data:

Untitled.jpg

Likewise, if someone else came along and looked at the graph you intended to post (not the one above), they would see their own graph. For whatever reason, the picture isn't copied over, but each individual poster's graph shows. Had I left it, everyone would think that your graph looks exactly like theirs, when that's not the case. See screen shot above.

Anyway, to the issue at hand for Scott, what changed between 1/5 and 1/12 to warrant an alert?

Message 8 of 19
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@pritchardhallhokie wrote:

Simply put.  I signed up for score watch and I have never gotten a single report from it.  I've had lots of fluctuations with no email sent to me.  I have another credit monitoring service using FAKO and when I check it and see a change I go on here and do a real pull. 

For example, I had it set to let me know when I hit 670.  I saw a huge jump in my FAKO so I pulled it here and it went from 665 to 680.  What gives?

Hi pritchardhallhokie,
It looks like you subscribed to Score Watch from 8/2010 to 10/2010, and then resubscribed on 1/2/2011.  You were sent a score change alert on 1/5.  What am I missing here?
-Barry

Message 9 of 19
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

my home depot statement posted.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.