cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch - Not starting out very well

tag
DMB06

Score Watch - Not starting out very well

Just purchased Score Watch. I attempt to log in to use it and I'm brought to a page and asked to input my social security number. I do, and I get an error that my SS number is already in the system and I can't proceed.

This is a fun cycle. Excellent introduction to the service. I do find it amusing how payment processing systems always seem to work flawlessly, if only the same standards were kept for the actual product you buy.

Anyone have this problem before? This might be the fastest sub cancellation I've ever had.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Score Watch - Not starting out very well

Had to reactivate an old account, highly annoying process but whatever.

To update my review of this product, I have to take issue with the deceptive advertising. The fact is, you DON'T get your credit report with Score Watch. What you do get is a PARTIAL credit report. It only shows you the past 24 months for your accounts. A full credit report is the entire 7+ year history for each account, therefore this isnt' a full credit report. I see no place on the site where it makes that distinction, it's advertised as a full credit report which it's not.

There are some useful features with Score Watch, but if you're looking for your full Equifax credit report just know you won't be getting it.

Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@dapps06 wrote:

Had to reactivate an old account, highly annoying process but whatever.

To update my review of this product, I have to take issue with the deceptive advertising. The fact is, you DON'T get your credit report with Score Watch. What you do get is a PARTIAL credit report. It only shows you the past 24 months for your accounts. A full credit report is the entire 7+ year history for each account, therefore this isnt' a full credit report. I see no place on the site where it makes that distinction, it's advertised as a full credit report which it's not.

There are some useful features with Score Watch, but if you're looking for your full Equifax credit report just know you won't be getting it.

MyFICO  only provide a payment history for 24 mos.  Your actual CR's will show the past 2 years of pyt history.  Your list of TLs should include your entire date opened, closed date etc.  keep in mind, inq's are only reported for two years as well. 

Message 3 of 5
Ubuntu
Regular Contributor

I've been wondering lately about the 7 (or 10) year credit history length frequently mentioned in regards to negative information, including BK, versus the 24 month history shown on the reports from the CRAs. This article, "How Long Does Information Stay on My Credit Report?", from the Equifax blog says:

"Late paid accounts: In general, negative information will stay on your credit report for seven years from the date of last activity. Late paid accounts that are still active will be removed from your credit report seven years from the start of the delinquency, which is when the payment was missed. If you have an account that has been charged off or is in collections, it will typically remain on your credit report for seven years and 180 days from the start of the delinquency that led to the charge off or collection." END QUOTE

I bolded the relevant sentence. It's a bit vague but it specifiaclly mentions active accounts while charge off and collection accounts are addressed in the following sentence. It uses the phrase "late paid accounts" and not specifically "late payments" but I don't see how you can separate the two.

That lead me to digging through my old credit reports. I have an Equifax report from 2001 that has a "Payment History" section below each account which lists: "30 days past due 00 times; 60 days past due 00 times; 90+ days past due 00 times;" for each account.  Nothing indicates over what timeframe those counters were for so it could just be anything. The smoking gun so to speak was in a 2009 direct from EQ report with a FICO score that shows a full "81-Month Payment History" for the one account that was more that 81 months old and the full history of all accounts less than 81 monhths. It's in a chart similar to the current 24 month ones but in plain text with asterisks instead of colored boxes. I don't have any reports between '01 and '09. My 2009 EX doesn't have the longer history nor does my '09 TU. Everything I have since then is from MyFICO and only shows the 24 month history.

81 months equals 6 years 9 months which seems odd but that's what it shows. It's also not a commonly used number so if you Google "credit history 81 months" you'll find links corroborating this number for Equifax. Someone mentions it in a comment dated 2013 in another post at the EQ Blog.

Unless the law has changed recently I believe that the CRAs are storing considerably more than 24 months of payment history. How much the months beyond 24 affect your score is another matter.

I'll be pulling my free annual credit reports soon and will report back on how much history they show.

* Edit: Corrected typo.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Editing Reply: Problem was actually my error. If you contact customer service by phone they are extremely helpful. Customer service via email not so much. At some point you had an account with myfico and the only way to order and view the scores is using the initial account information which they can look up over the phone and email to you. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.