Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch Reporting - Day and Time

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Score Watch Reporting - Day and Time

@Karatz wrote:

"There's no particular day or time that Score Watch alerts are sent, other than it should be daily."

I was kind of wondering about this too. I have a Navy card with 10k/50% balance that now showed up as 0 on creditkarma on 11/09/11 nothing here yet (statement date of 11/05/11). SW doesn't alert to balance decreases - only increases.  I used a report up and it was still listed on 11/08/11. Was going to run one on Monday again if nothing showed up in my email until FIA card services decided to change my card to a BofA card and report it as maxed out 100% (which I do every month but PIF usually a couple of days before the statement date). 

My last card statement that that I have was the 25th and showed a change from 0% usage to about 90% usuage. Has this increased balance shown up on your EQ credit report yet? Scorewatch never updated me that the score dropped from 766 to 748 so 10/22/11 of 766 to the report I ran on 11/08/11 of 748 certainly shows something is missing here in the daily updates.  Assuming you had your target score set to 766 at the time, I don't know why you didn't get an alert for that change?

Hello Karatz,

Please see my responses above.  We've added a free report to your Score Watch so you can get your current score and reset your target if necessary.

-Barry

Message 11 of 22
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@watchingmycredit wrote:

Now this is strange... all of a sudden I have an alert dated 11/12/11 that my score has gone up and the score has changed on the graph but still no email notification of the changes, I didn't see that earlier today (it wasn't there) or I never would have used my second Score Power report, there's something not right here.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.

I have no idea why you didn't receive an email for that 11/12 alert, but you certainly should have.  I'll report it to the techies.  We've added a free report to your Score Watch subscription.  Sorry you didn't get your email notification of that alert.

-Barry

Message 12 of 22
watchingmycredit
Established Member

@Barry wrote:

@watchingmycredit wrote:

Now this is strange... all of a sudden I have an alert dated 11/12/11 that my score has gone up and the score has changed on the graph but still no email notification of the changes, I didn't see that earlier today (it wasn't there) or I never would have used my second Score Power report, there's something not right here.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.

I have no idea why you didn't receive an email for that 11/12 alert, but you certainly should have.  I'll report it to the techies.  We've added a free report to your Score Watch subscription.  Sorry you didn't get your email notification of that alert.

-Barry

Thanks for your help!

I'm sure that it's not an email issue now because 35 minutes after the time on your post I got an email alert that my score went up. (I should get another one in the next few days) I did reset the score again.

Message 13 of 22
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

watchingmycredit wrote:

I'm sure that it's not an email issue now because 35 minutes after the time on your post I got an email alert that my score went up. (I should get another one in the next few days) I did reset the score again.

Glad you got that alert, and good that you reset your target to the score from that alert.  Hope you get lots more.

-Barry

Message 14 of 22
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@Barry wrote:

@Karatz wrote:

"There's no particular day or time that Score Watch alerts are sent, other than it should be daily."

I was kind of wondering about this too. I have a Navy card with 10k/50% balance that now showed up as 0 on creditkarma on 11/09/11 nothing here yet (statement date of 11/05/11). SW doesn't alert to balance decreases - only increases. So no update even though that would have resulted in probably 25-35 points?  I used a report up and it was still listed on 11/08/11. Was going to run one on Monday again if nothing showed up in my email until FIA card services decided to change my card to a BofA card and report it as maxed out 100% (which I do every month but PIF usually a couple of days before the statement date). 

My last card statement that that I have was the 25th and showed a change from 0% usage to about 90% usuage. Has this increased balance shown up on your EQ credit report yet? It was on the 11/08 report I ran. Scorewatch never updated me that the score dropped from 766 to 748 so 10/22/11 of 766 to the report I ran on 11/08/11 of 748 certainly shows something is missing here in the daily updates.  Assuming you had your target score set to 766 at the time, I don't know why you didn't get an alert for that change? My last SW alert of a change was 10/17 from my emails which matches what it says online. I religiously reset the setting to match the score I am given. 11/08 report was 748 which I reset immediately before viewing the entire report and it shows that in my settings. I've had Navy to Zero on the 5th, Schwab go to BofA and 100% on the 12th (Credit Karma) and now Citibank go to 97% on the 14th. 11/10 I got an all clear alert via email. I'm definately due something.

Hello Karatz,

Please see my responses above.  We've added a free report to your Score Watch so you can get your current score and reset your target if necessary.

-Barry

Thanks for your replay and the free report. Right now I don't need it because I want to see if I could get the Sallie Mae card after my Navy posted as zero. It was hit n miss I guess and I missed.

Question: I have 60k worth of credit distributed over 7 credit cards that I am charging all 60k every month and PIF for sure by the due date if not by the statement date. From the product discription: "Your Equifax credit report is monitored daily for:   Increases in account balances" could I theoretically pay off all but say 11 cents before the statement date for November, then pay off all but say 12 cents before the statement date for December thus trigger the SW alert for this?

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 15 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Karatz wrote:

...Question: I have 60k worth of credit distributed over 7 credit cards that I am charging all 60k every month and PIF for sure by the due date if not by the statement date. From the product discription: "Your Equifax credit report is monitored daily for:   Increases in account balances" could I theoretically pay off all but say 11 cents before the statement date for November, then pay off all but say 12 cents before the statement date for December thus trigger the SW alert for this?

I've never tried torturing SW in this way Smiley Very Happy, but I was curious and went to check my own copy.

It does allow me to enter a figure as low as $1 for the "Whenever one of your accounts has a balance increase larger than ____" setting.

But don't forget that a balance less than $1.00 is reported as $0. Well, OK, I'm pretty sure that's correct. If that's wrong, then a balance less than $1 would report as $1. At any rate, it will report as even dollar figures.

So be effective, if you're going to try this tactic, you might have to be brash and bold and let your balance go from $2.00 to $3.00.  Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 22
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I knew my idea was sound glad you pointed out the structure needed a bit work. I got an all clear email today which I know is not true. My Citi-AMEX is maxed to the hilt after being 0 last month. My 12 month subscription is up on the 28th so I'm going to hold out using Barry's free report just to see how long it takes for me to get the alert for my Citi-AMEX card. I've been refreshing Credit Karma every day so I can kinda derive my actual score from what they have showing. My accounts all show up either maxed to the tilt or 0 for quite some time now. 

So if my balance is $9000 today. I PIF by the statement date. Next month my balance is saay $8000 I pay say $7990 by the statment date followed by $10 a couple days after the statement date. The following month i make it like $20. I hope that's not against the rules lol, but I think I like it.

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Message 17 of 22
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Karatz wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I knew my idea was sound glad you pointed out the structure needed a bit work. I got an all clear email today which I know is not true. My Citi-AMEX is maxed to the hilt after being 0 last month. My 12 month subscription is up on the 28th so I'm going to hold out using Barry's free report just to see how long it takes for me to get the alert for my Citi-AMEX card. I've been refreshing Credit Karma every day so I can kinda derive my actual score from what they have showing. My accounts all show up either maxed to the tilt or 0 for quite some time now. 

Just remember that the score from CreditKarma is a FAKO. Not only is it a FAKO, but it monitors TU only. SW monitors EQ only. You can have a change on TU and not see it on EQ on the same day.

Message 18 of 22
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Karatz wrote:

Just remember that the score from CreditKarma is a FAKO. Not only is it a FAKO, but it monitors TU only. SW monitors EQ only. You can have a change on TU and not see it on EQ on the same day.

Ya. I'm getting low low 700's from Credit Karma and mid to high 700 from SW. Usually about 40-50 lower on Credit Karma.
Not sure how SW would handle a Schwab account one day at 0 and the next day missing and replaced by a BofA account at $10,000. Also still waiting for the Citi-AMEX that was zero on the last report 11/08 to show up maxed out at 97%. The statement close date was 11/14. I'll bet $100 bucks if I run a score power report it will be there. I just want SW to tell me first since it's supposed to notify me of a balance increase.
TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Message 19 of 22
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Karatz wrote:

Not sure how SW would handle a Schwab account one day at 0 and the next day missing and replaced by a BofA account at $10,000. Also still waiting for the Citi-AMEX that was zero on the last report 11/08 to show up maxed out at 97%. The statement close date was 11/14. I'll bet $100 bucks if I run a score power report it will be there. I just want SW to tell me first since it's supposed to notify me of a balance increase.

SW wouldn't alert you to a missing Schwab because it (and all other CMSs out there) won't alert you to dropped TLs. Are you sure it would drop though? If it remains and Schwab marks it as "closed", then you'd get alerted to that, though it is hard telling when Schwab would do that, assuming they did do that.

If a new BofA appears, and EQ doesn't list it as a replacement, you might or might not get alerted. I had a Wachovia CC get stolen during the Wells Fargo acquisition and they replaced it with a Wells Fargo CC by changing the name and the account number within the report. They didn't add a new TL which I was thankful for. I can't remember if I got alerted, though it technically wasn't a new TL I guess.

If a CC balance goes from $0 to >$1, and you didn't disable the alert for increased balances, you will get alerted. It should be any day.

One thing you might benefit from, if you are looking at the day-to-day balance changes on your reports, is subscribing to a CMS that pulls all 3. This way you'll know the day your TLs update. As a general rule, the alerts come within a day or two from that. Many of my alerts came later that day from when it first updated to EQ.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.