Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch changes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Watch changes

I just signed up a month ago and got the notification of changes the same day the debit hit my account for a year subscription.  I sent a request through the customer service link yesterday to cancel my account and haven't received a reply.  Do you have any idea when I will receive a reply or notification that they have cancelled my account and are processing my refund?
Message 31 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was on a 30 day trial prior to the paid subscription and during the trial I received 2 alerts, 1 of them was same day.

6/20, I started the paid subscription after the trial, my score dropped 9 points from the Score Power report. Then I got 2 alerts on 6/21 and 6/25 telling me my scores were unchanged.

I can see the flaws in the alert, you get notified for unchanged scores but nothing for big score changes. At first I didn't pay much attention but after reading several complaints, I'm not the only one experiencing problems with SW.

I canceled TrueCredit earlier this month because everyone says FICO is the real deal but seemed like I received more alerts from TC in 30 days than SW.

MyFico has one of the most expensive services, I think of MyFico as AMEX of the credit scoring world but now, the product is like a subprime credit card with expensive AF and no perks.

As mentioned in the email sent out to SW subscribers that there will be some enhancement made in September, this means paid subscribers will not be getting the full features of SW for 2 months! Many subscribers may have to pull a Score Power to reveal their updated scores.

Will there be any compensation for the 2 months of limited services? I understand that it is just 1 feature being removed and subscribers can use the target score alert instead. Keep in mind that the target score feature only alerts when the target is reached and I am sure everyone sets a high target therefore when your scores drop, you will not be notified.

I am still a SW subscriber and I would like to keep the service. I just hope that MyFico will take some kind of action to try retain customers by promising better service that adds value and not provide vague answers that subscribers are suspicious of. For me, seeing people complaining and canceling service, does not give me confidence with the MyFico services and somehow I feel dumb still hanging on to SW hoping that the issue will be fixed. I am sure I'm not the only one feeling this.

I hope that MyFico will take customers' concerns into consideration because if this issue is not fixed, it will just leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth and no one would want to try it again.
Message 32 of 48
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

Okay, I may be slow but I have one question. 

This new change is just saying that you will not get an alert every time your score changes. 

Does this mean SW will not update update your score changes or that it will update but you just will not get email alerts?

Im gonna go take a look around.  The email was confusing to me also.  I got the SW for the score watch.  and update for changes.  Does this mean Ill have to pull my score on my own now.  Lemme go read up
Message 33 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

So last time I got my CC statement in, I got an SW update 3 days later. I got another statement in this past Monday, here 3 days later no SW update, yet. Do you think I will get it in before this SW feature is removed on the 13th?
Message 34 of 48
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

headoutofsand wrote:
I just signed up a month ago and got the notification of changes the same day the debit hit my account for a year subscription.  I sent a request through the customer service link yesterday to cancel my account and haven't received a reply.  Do you have any idea when I will receive a reply or notification that they have cancelled my account and are processing my refund?

You should get a response within a couple of days, headoutofsand.
Message 35 of 48
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Ceejay1978 wrote:
Okay, I may be slow but I have one question. 

This new change is just saying that you will not get an alert every time your score changes. 

Does this mean SW will not update update your score changes or that it will update but you just will not get email alerts?

Im gonna go take a look around.  The email was confusing to me also.  I got the SW for the score watch.  and update for changes.  Does this mean Ill have to pull my score on my own now.  Lemme go read up

You will still get score updates with every credit alert, i.e. changes to your credit report, and you will be alerted when you reach or exceed your target score.  It's only the "any score change" alert that's being eliminated -- both via email and within your SW account.  For additional updated scores, you will want to pull a new report/score, which is provided at a discount ($10.95) through SW.
Message 36 of 48
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Nmbr1ballr wrote:
So last time I got my CC statement in, I got an SW update 3 days later. I got another statement in this past Monday, here 3 days later no SW update, yet. Do you think I will get it in before this SW feature is removed on the 13th?

You still should receive your "any change" score change alerts before the 13th, as you have in the past.  It's not entirely clear to me, however, what your CC statement has to do with getting your SW alert 3 days later, other than when you pay it your balance will go down and possibly raise your score -- but that would take about 30 days or so.  What am I missing, Nmbr1ballr?
Message 37 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will need to wait to see what happens.  Will my score automatically update with new score or will I have to buy a power score to see what my current score.  I would be disappointed with the later.
Message 38 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it would take 30 days too, but when I paid down my previous statement, my score went up 3 days after my statement came, not 30. My previous balance was about $4,600. I paid it down to about $3,000 then the new statement came and my score went up 10 points 3 days later after I got my statement in for what I assumed lowering my util.

Message Edited by Nmbr1ballr on 07-11-2008 02:22 PM
Message 39 of 48
bl00dymary
Valued Member

I just cancelled, FYI, they are not giving refunds- even pro-rated refunds- without a fight. 
Are they going to change the name of the product now?
Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.