Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch changes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Watch changes

alphawav wrote:
I agree with the user post above. I'm on the fence on canceling my account right now, and will notify / clarify what has been said in this thread to all 12 friends that signed up because of me. 

I think that myfico went the wrong way with this. How can you cut functionality on an IT product?

I think myfico should have held this up until they had an "new & improved" way of doing what they wanted to do. DEFINITELY NOT "WE'RE CUTTING SCORE ALERTS ON JULY 13TH"... ?

But CUTTING Score Alerts the way you did, and the CRYPTIC email you sent all your users......

"YOU'VE OPENED THE CANCELLATION FLOODGATES" .....  

don't you guys have a marketing department to help you w/ these things? if you don't, PM me, I can help you...

Best,

- S

They did this because they know they can hose people dumb enough to keep paying for this service. Want your score right now? Sorry, you'll have to pay an additional $10 or whatever for your EQ report and FICO score. Up until now, all you needed was a monthly subscription. They know they'll be able to bilk people trying to rebuild their credit for all they're worth.

I suggest people using the now disabled feature to purchase the FICO monitoring service from Equifax.

You know what really sucks? I signed up for this service last month. The FICO monitoring feature was the only reason I signed up. Now I have to wait 3 months before they'll let me back out of it. What a ripoff.
Message 21 of 48
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

JujusBeans wrote:
Barry,

How much of a refund are we entitled to? Is it pro-rated? I just purchased mine again. Can we quote you that we're entitled to a refund?

I'm going to cancel both my husband's and my score watch accounts. The score change alerts are the SOLE reason we bought this product. Why is it my responsibility to create a work-around to be able to use the product in the manner MOST would have purchased this product for. Sure the other alerts are handy but they mean nothing compared to where your score stands. Some may be duped by this change and the obfuscation embedded in the email, but we all know what makes this product worthwhile.

Now, if My Fico would like to tell us that they plan to re-implement the score alert in the future but with enhanced features, that's one thing. But that was NOT stated in the email, therefore any reasonably informed consumer can assume future changes will not include this feature.

Very disappointed in this, but more so in the purposely vague email. Seemed rather insulting to most of us in this thread.

Thank you Barry for getting involved in the thread.

Message Edited by JujusBeans on 07-08-2008 03:14 PM

When you contact customer service, ask for a full refund.  You don't need to quote me, but you can if you wish.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed.
Message 22 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's too bad we've had to cancel, but I'm sure they expected it. I've just cancelled my account and my husband cancelled his. We were told we'd get a full refund in 7-10 days.  Thanks Barry for the information.

Good luck to all of you.

Julie

Message Edited by JujusBeans on 07-08-2008 06:15 PM
Message 23 of 48
divasheart

I just went onto the Equifax website and they have score watch on their website. I am wondering if MyFico is no longer carrying the "anytime updates" because Equifax is selling the same thing. That is were those updates come from. Seems like Equifax would be losing money to MyFico to be offering the service thru them. Hmmmmm. Sounds fishy! Either way....I need my updates. I guess I will sign up on Equifax. It is only a $1 more per month. If I can live with these crazy gas prices...I can pay $1 more per month for my updates.
Message 24 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barry wrote:

paxson93 wrote:

gary4872 wrote:
To me that is a hassle. How many people are going to remember to change their target every time - or how many are willing to bother? I'm not, so I voted with my wallet.

I think that they were probably sick of the endless stream of questions they must receive regarding notification delays and figured that if they just get rid of the feature it will:

1) cut down the CS burden
2) result in less data processing time, since overall less updates will be going out to customers

I personally didn't mind the delay in receiving notices, as long as it showed up within a few days I knew where I stood. I give a big thumbs-down to this "enhancement."

I totally agree and wish I were paying month by month so I could cancel too, but unfortunately they already have me hosed for the entire year. I'm suprised (not really) some admins are not posting here to clarify the situation and explain how fewer services for the same amount of money is actually an improvement for our benefit.

In addition to the fact that changing your target score every time is a pain in the neck, that method also would fail to alert you of any dip in your score... which would be the greatest cause for concern and the most useful situation to receive an alert. Totally useless product now, I'm so annoyed.

Sorry for the annoyance, paxson93.  Score Watch users not happy with this change can contact customer service and they will cancel your account and give you a refund.

Let me clarify that although you're getting one less alert setting, the upcoming changes will enable the other score alert and credit alert settings to function more reliably by better synchronizing the myFICO and Equifax systems that have to work together in this monitoring process.

Score Watch has been found to work well for most users most of the time and the vast majority of SW users have been happy with it.  As with other such services from various providers, we admit it hasn't always worked perfectly 100% of the time and we are working to make it better.

Barry

Message Edited by Barry on 07-08-2008 11:37 AM

Open Letter to Barry-
I don't know what your level of info access or authority within myfico is, but it would be most helpful to customers to have some plain english, SPECIFIC & COMPLETE info about what the changes ACTUALLY are, SPECIFIC reasons why this is something we should still spend money on. I'm not trying to be difficult, but do you- (A) personally KNOW what the changes REALLY are, or- (B) are you in the unhappy position of trying to put a good spin on the vague smokescreen sent from your head honchos? If it's "B"- you won't be able to actually tell us without risking your job, and you have my sympathy.
If the changes really ARE improvements, tell us why & how! You all won't lose many customers, and may gain new ones! The Orwellian doublespeak sent in the e-mail notice doesn't fly well with intelligent customers (as I think you all have discovered), and most people who care about their credit score are intelligent. Dumb people don't care or don't even know such exists!
You all have (had?) a product that has been worthwhile to me, and obviously to many other people. I'm not looking to be a pain here, but PLEASE OPEN UP!
Luck to you- Vic 
Message 25 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry FICO, your Product is pure GARBAGE. I learned this a year ago and posted about a dozen threads about it, which no one really jumped on the bandwagon and rallied with me.

Complete waste of money. The only way to get an accurate score is to pay $15 every time for EACH credit agency, which is also a rip-off. I don't know why FairIsaac would **bleep** around its good-paying customers in this way. I've taken my business elsewhere since.
Message 26 of 48
TULO30
Contributor

I am completely lost and confused. I don't know exactly what is going away and I don't know exactly what is staying and I sure as heck don't know exactly what is enhanced. The communication I received by email was contradictory and I can not and will not continue paying for a service where I don't understand what I am getting.  The score watch alert was one of the most important features of the service.  I am hoping there will be some clarity from MYFICO around all of this soon.

Geez.  How did such a simple service get so complicated?
Message 27 of 48
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

TULO30 wrote:

The score watch alert was one of the most important features of the service. 

In effect, you can still get the score change alert - just set your target score to your actual score, and it will tell you if it changes.

Ok, it does take two clicks of a mouse and typing 3 numbers, but what the heck, I can manage  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 28 of 48
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Vic wrote:

Open Letter to Barry-
I don't know what your level of info access or authority within myfico is, but it would be most helpful to customers to have some plain english, SPECIFIC & COMPLETE info about what the changes ACTUALLY are, SPECIFIC reasons why this is something we should still spend money on. I'm not trying to be difficult, but do you- (A) personally KNOW what the changes REALLY are Yes.  It was explained both in the email and the FAQ.  There is one change taking place 7/13 and that is the removal of one alert setting: the "any change" alert.  That's it.  There remain 16 credit alerts and 2 other score alerts. Then over the next couple of months we will be improving the processes by which the myFICO and Equifax systems work together to identify the changes, trigger the alerts, and send out the alerts., or- (B) are you in the unhappy position of trying to put a good spin on the vague smokescreen sent from your head honchos? No. If it's "B"- you won't be able to actually tell us without risking your job, and you have my sympathy.  If the changes really ARE improvements, tell us why & how!  The "any change" alert setting was preventing the "target score" alert setting from working and had to be removed.  If it was possible to fix it, given the existing SW structure, we would have fixed it -- but it just wasn't possible.  It's unfortunate for myFICO as well as it's customers, but keep in mind that the service still alerts you to many different changes to your credit report -- each of which also includes your latest score on the alert -- and enables you to set a target score and be alerted when it's reached.  And, if that's not enough to make the product worth your while, we are willing to cancel the service and refund your money.  You all won't lose many customers, and may gain new ones! The Orwellian doublespeak sent in the e-mail notice doesn't fly well with intelligent customers (as I think you all have discovered), and most people who care about their credit score are intelligent. Dumb people don't care or don't even know such exists!
You all have (had?) a product that has been worthwhile to me, and obviously to many other people. I'm not looking to be a pain here, but PLEASE OPEN UP!
Luck to you- Vic 
That's it, Vic.  Really!  Thanks for the feedback! 

Message 29 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called customer service to cancel. Wow, this is the first time I've seen a customer rep even so glad to cancel a subscription. Warning to monthly subscribers, they will not give a full refund. myFICO Scorewatch has been sunsetted.
Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.