Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch is not working.

tag
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Score Watch is not working.

I was just greeted with another "No Score Watch(TM) alerts this week" email.

It is set to notify me whenever a balance changes by $5/5%. I did get a notification that a balance changed the first week I had it but that my score didn't change so I know my score doesn't need to change for it to notify me.

I had two different balance changes report this week.

Last week and the week before I got the same email.

I had FIVE different accounts change balances during the two week period. I pulled and wasted my free report to confirm that this was the case, the day of the no score watch alerts email.

Can someone please confirm am I doing something wrong here or should I write the service off as not working and sit through a 45-minute hold to speak to someone to cancel, as I sent an inquiry via the online system and they said that it "didn't match their records" and I need to call.

... Sorry to be a complainer, the reports and the score are great, but score watch seems to be a hit or miss...

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score Watch is not working.

How long ago did the balances change on EQ?

Did they surpass the $5/5%?

What kind of accounts are they?

ETa...are any of the TLs listed as being in dispute, or having been disputed?

Message 2 of 61
Peter1142
Established Contributor

The balances changed a couple days ago.

Last week when I went and did my score power report, it was nearly 2 weeks ago the oldest one it still didn't notify me of.

The accounts are revolving credit, charge (AMEX), and an auto loan.

None are in dispute.

Message 3 of 61
FicoNoobiski
Valued Member

I had an issue with score watch too.  I am done with it, just going to cancel it.  It would say no score change.  Then after I refresh the score, later in the day or in the next few days, it reports this change.

I've seen personally, score watch trying to cover it's ass.  It reported a score change after I bought the refresh score, but it show it as a day prior to me buying the score.  Keep scorewatch if you are only planning to refresh the score and use the 30% discount, otherwise just can it. 

As a matter of fact, I'm going to cancel quarterly monitoring too, it's equally as useless, the Transunion Fico score that we are given here is not even used by lenders.  And as of late, there is no report of any new credit change even though CreditKarma shows that there is a new credit change from the Transunion file they pull.  Not a very happy camper with these Myfico subscriptions.

Message 4 of 61
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Peter1142 wrote:

The balances changed a couple days ago.

Last week when I went and did my score power report, it was nearly 2 weeks ago the oldest one it still didn't notify me of.

The accounts are revolving credit, charge (AMEX), and an auto loan.

None are in dispute.

Did you ever get an alert? If you pulled EQ from an outside source and saw the balance change on EQ (nevermind EX or TU because not all 3 update at the same time), then I bet an alert came by now. On the balance decreases, I'm not certain they apply to loans but I could be wrong. I have a mortgage that updated once since SW made the change back in June and I don't recall an update. I definitely get alerts for balance changes on my CCs (I have 24 of them Smiley Surprised )

Message 5 of 61
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@FicoNoobiski wrote:

I had an issue with score watch too.  I am done with it, just going to cancel it.  It would say no score change.  Then after I refresh the score, later in the day or in the next few days, it reports this change.

I've seen personally, score watch trying to cover it's ass.  It reported a score change after I bought the refresh score, but it show it as a day prior to me buying the score.  Keep scorewatch if you are only planning to refresh the score and use the 30% discount, otherwise just can it. 

As a matter of fact, I'm going to cancel quarterly monitoring too, it's equally as useless, the Transunion Fico score that we are given here is not even used by lenders.  And as of late, there is no report of any new credit change even though CreditKarma shows that there is a new credit change from the Transunion file they pull.  Not a very happy camper with these Myfico subscriptions.

The alerts seem to drag a day or two behind. I've experienced the same thing where I pulled my EQ FICO the same day I get a "no change" alert, but then again my report changed that very day as did my score. 

FICO Quarterly Monitoring (as the name implies) only monitors quarterly. You won't see interim alerts like you would with SW or with any other CMS. The only interim alerts they provide are for changes to your personal info. TU isn't used for that source but maybe LexisNexis. They claim to use several sources. The only interim alerts I ever received were for address/phone number changes all the while TU being unchanged.

Message 6 of 61
flash2093
Valued Member

I have the same issue. I have my settings to alert me of balance changes/ score changes, but latley, there hasn't been any score changes. For almost 3 months, I have not had a score change despite paying off all balances on my credit cards one month. And the next month, increasing to about 30% utilization on CC's. Not sure why I can't get a score change. I'm right at 6 months, so I am thinking about canceling...

Starting Score:(11/2012) EQ 611
Previous Scores:(2/12) EQ 616 - (3/15) EQ 628 - (3/28) EQ 636 - (4/5) EQ 639
3 Current Scores 6/1/13: EX 650 EQ 654 TU 681
Goal Score:660

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 61
Peter1142
Established Contributor

There's no doubt to me that score watch isn't working at all now. My score went down when 30 days passed from a mortgage inquiry and I got no alert, despite the thing being set at my current score. I had to pay to get my score.

Message 8 of 61
SPreb
Regular Contributor

I am in the same boat. My EQ report has updated. The balance change was like 90% and my alert setting is at 30%. I just talked to a supervisor at customer service. He has escalated it and told me to expect a response in 24 hours. we will see. The interesting thing in my case is I have received all my previous alerts correctly.

Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 9 of 61
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Got my scorewatch update today. Didn't hear from myfico, but the update showed up. Don't know if they fixed a problem or just that myfico is behind by a week

Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 10 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.