Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch is not working.

tag
owlnutS
Established Member

Re: Score Watch is not working.

no sw alerts in almost 1 month,although i've recieved alerts from 3 other websites, hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

increased cl on cc by $500 almost a month ago

2 weeks ago increased cc balance by $755

last week opened 2 new tl's

alerts sent for $5 increase on balances

any new accounts

1 pt. increase

last months alerts for balances wer't updated either

still no SW updates, at this point I feel like I just threw $$$ in the trash

Message 41 of 61
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Wish I would have read this thread before I purchased SW yesterday. Can I cancel any time? Or is there a 3 month minimum? The score and credit report was very extensive and I would believe it to be a great product...if it works!

Message 42 of 61
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@Santi78342 wrote:

Wish I would have read this thread before I purchased SW yesterday. Can I cancel any time? Or is there a 3 month minimum? The score and credit report was very extensive and I would believe it to be a great product...if it works!

It works for me.  Sometimes it can be a little slow to update by a couple days.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 43 of 61
YHWHUDAH
Regular Contributor

I concur, score watch does not update or work the way it should. It is extremely slow with updating when other sites update days and at times weeks ahead. 

Capital One Cash World MasterCard 7500, PenFed World Visa 6500, USAA Military Affiliate Visa 2000, Capital One Platinum 2500, Affas Military Star Card 8700, Affas Take It Home Today 4900, Orchard Bank Platinum 1500, Orchard Bank Silver 1300, Lowes 5000 and Chase 500.

Closed on USAA Mortgage Dec 23, USAA Auto Loan 42000 Mercedes Dec 30

Credit Scores: EQ 656 TU 669 EX 679 All Lender Pulls Oct 2011
Message 44 of 61
Peter1142
Established Contributor

I could only cancel over the phone after being on hold for 30 minutes so I got lazy and never did (what the idea is I guess) and suddenly it started working. A few weeks ago. In fact I think I get the updates faster than 1 week now.
Message 45 of 61
Thegreat
Established Member

I am in the same boat all the other credit sites that I am subscribed to shows me my balance changes and my new accounts but score watch continues to tell me there has been no change and when I try to get a new credit report it has been saying error 700 since December 16,2013 I need help or I am gonna cancel my account and go with another company cause my money is going to waist every month. Credit karma is free and gives me better updates and pretty much the same score!!! Somebody help please I use to love credit watch but now it does me know good and appantly it's been a problem for a lot of people!!
Message 46 of 61
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

Why is there no update from MyFico staff?

Message 47 of 61
Regular Contributor

Mike C (administrator) wrote this:

I have forwarded this chain to the production team. We are looking into these issues with Score Watch and hope to get back to you.

Almost 5 months ago and still no word.

I have recieved 1 maybe 2 text alerts in the last 3-5 months, this is unaccetable for the money we pay for this service.

EQ 7/19/13 796
TU 04/29/13 784
EX 06/17/13 849
28 years credit history
17 years AAoA

CIT $15,900 BEST BUY $11,800 DISCOVER $10,000 LOWES $10,000 SEARS/MC $7,200 BELKS $5,700 JC PENNY $2,400 CHASE $5,900 AMX GOLD PR $NPSL AMX/BCP $11,200 SHELL/CITI/MC $80.00 (LMAO)
Message 48 of 61
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

Just called customer service. Basically, they are misrepresenting what ScoreWatch is. Once a week (or whenever they feel like)..when EQ sends them our report they are supposed to update the score if it has changed. I had the impression that there was some type of once a day check.  In addition, she could not tell what day I was supposed to get an update each week. Pretty slimey if you ask me. Basically, you are maybe entitled to an automatic check a few times a month when EQ sends over a report? 

This coupled with the fact that they are selling outdated FICO scores...gives me a really bad impression of this company. 

Message 49 of 61
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Score Watch does work.  I suggest reading some threads about SW alerts so that you can understand how to use this tool.  The abbreviated answer is that there are multiple types of alerts and it is only one specific type that is checked weekly.  Other checks occur more often.  SW tracks your FICO score as it changes.  For balance changes, it might take a day or two from the date you see the change on your CMS, but this is not bad at all.  How many other products give updates shortly after any EQ report change and show a new FICO score?  There may be a few people with issues.... if you can't pull your credit reports due to identity issues or if you have less than 6 months of history, it obviously is not going to work right.  If your credit card balances don't change from month to month, then you won't get balance updates on them.

Barry explains the alerts in detail here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/Score-Watch-Guide/m-p/603543

This is what you should expect score watch to do.  Northing more and northing less.  I find the price hard to beat.

Following is a brief snippet of some of my SW updates.  I generally set my target score to be exactly the same as my current score.... but I don't even actually need to do this since I get so many balance alerts anyway.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 50 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.