Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch not updating?

tag
MattieNumNums
Regular Contributor

Score Watch not updating?

I have noticed my score watch is not updating. My score was stuck at 622 and I bought a new report and it went up to 625. Another month passes and no score changes with my Score Watch, I buy another report and my score is 630. Why is more score not moving in Score Watch but it is moving in reality?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Score Watch not updating?

What is your target score set to? It should be set to the most recently known score, not to what normal people (= not the ones who set up SW) would think of as a target, like 800.

Another thing to check is whether your correct e-mail and/or text address is on file, or if alerts are going into a junk mail folder.

Failing all that, give customer service a call. Sometimes people's account alerts do seem to go dead, for no understandable reason. CS should be able to tell if you should have gotten alerts.

Phone:
1-800-319-4433
Mon-Fri 6am to 6pm Pacific Time
Sat 7am to 4pm Pacific Time

6 am Pacific = 9 am Eastern, etc.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I wish it wasn't updating afew days ago when it alerted me to a 20+ drop due to an unwelcomed baddie. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@MattieNumNums wrote:

I have noticed my score watch is not updating. My score was stuck at 622 and I bought a new report and it went up to 625. Another month passes and no score changes with my Score Watch, I buy another report and my score is 630. Why is more score not moving in Score Watch but it is moving in reality?

Hello MattieNumNums,

We checked your Score Watch account and your target score is currently above your last score.  To be alerted to your next score change, we recommend setting your target score to your current EQ score.  And to make sure the current score is really "current" we've added a free score/report to your SW.  My suggestion is to pull the new EQ score and IMMEDIATELY set your target to this score.  Then repeat this the next score you get, and so on.  You should then start getting score change alerts more frequently.

-Barry

Message 4 of 5
MattieNumNums
Regular Contributor

Sounds good Barry, thank you very much for the great advice!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.