cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch says they give "weekly" monitoring?

tag
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

Score Watch says they give "weekly" monitoring?

Can anyone tell me why I only get mine every 10-14 days?  I know changes have happened on my Equifax report over a week ago (a new account), but it has been 12 days since my last report .... why I am not receiving mine weekly as advertized, as well as not being notified of changes?  I paid for this service for a year and I just don't feel like I am getting what I paid for?  Or what am I doing wrong??

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

Re: Score Watch says they give "weekly" monitoring?

help from anyone please?  It has been 15 days now since my last report, and one new account has been on my credit reports for over 10 days with NO notification from score watch?
Message 2 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Try this if you haven't done it: go into your Settings and change your target score to your current score. Set every other setting to the minimums (balances, etc.). When I first signed up with SW I wasn't getting any alerts at all. However, once I changed all the settings, the alerts poured in. IMO, could be designed a whole lot better.

You don't automatically receive alerts weekly. SW will monitor your score once a week, but won't report any changes if there were no changes to report. If the settings weren't set up to catch the new account, then an alert likely wouldn't have been sent.

SW needs some improvements. Often SW alerts lag behind a couple days after all other alerts I use from other CMSs, but they do eventually come.

Aside from the settings, try also pulling EQ from another source to see if that new TL is reporting.

Message 3 of 10
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

That is how all my settings are set.

I received an EQ report resulting from a completed dispute last week, the new tradeline is showing on it.  I have still not received anything from SW.

If it being advertized as supplying us with "weekly monitoring", what does that mean?  I know that I do NOT receive weekly anything from SW, which is what I wanted when I paid my annual $89.95 a couple of months ago.  I believe the closest I ever received was 10 days.

Message 4 of 10
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

does anyone know the phone number to call or an email address so that I can get help regarding this problem?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you look at the top of your screen, you'll see a link for Support.

Phone:
1-800-319-4433
Mon-Fri 6am to 6pm PST
Sat 7am to 4pm PST

You might also want to read the thread stickied at the top of this board titled "Score Watch Guide (Recently Updated.)"
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 10
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

I called, I spoke to a rep, he told me that I needed to call Equifax and ask them to "force" a verification through to FICO?  I asked why I should have to be the one to call Equifax and try and explain what needed to be done, isn't that why I am paying FICO?  He said sorry, that if I wanted it to happen, that I needed to call.  So I asked why I am not receiving weekly reports, and he said they never send them weekly unless I pay weekly for pulls. 

Can SOMEONE please explain to me why this product is advertized here as having weekly monitoring?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Watch does not send you a new report everytime something changes, it simply emails you an alert when a new account, new collection, inquiry, dispute status on account changes. If those happen, it sends you a report alert, those are checked on daily.

Your Equifax FICO score is checked weekly for score bracket(car loan or mortgage, you choose) or to see if your target score has been reached. This will simply email you your new score only, this checks every few days-1 week.

---------------------------

Define credit monitoring- Credit report monitoring is the monitoring of your credit history in order to detect any suspicious activity or change in your credit history

Message Edited by wcnghj on 01-21-2009 08:07 AM
Message 8 of 10
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

Do I have this right, I could pay pay pay my balances down, and I would never receive a new FICO until something bad goes on or a balance increases, is that correct?
Message 9 of 10
GregB
Valued Contributor

Read the guide. It seems you made assumptions about how SW works and then are upset when it doesn't do what you thought it should. I made the same mistake and missed the removal of an alert on any score change that was removed last summer.

It isn't a perfect system and none of the others seem great either. It is a useful tool to monitor your credit and at least gives you a real FICO score. It seems its main usefulness is alerting you to new negative info. I end up paying for regular reports from all three CRA that adds alot of cost. You don't get much for $90 a year from anybody. Truecredit gave you alot more last year but that is history, now you get reports once a month for $14.95 per month.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.