Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Watch

What score watch is considered the best? I've tried the score watch at Equifax ($8.95 monthly) and it seems good and the score watch at Myfico (also $8.95 monthly) is good.

Now I've found a score watch with credit.com that is $7.95 a month. Now I know it's only $1 cheaper but what the heck!

Also with myfico.com you get two score watch reports a year (annual subscription only I assume). But whats to keep me from canceling and resigning up to get more free reports with any score watch?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Watch

You can do that- I had the free score watch for a month- it was ok- it did send three text msg. to my cell phone- but I am not convinced that it was the best for the money...

I pull my Fico's so much lately that I have just been looking at them... I am waiting to where it will get that I just pull every six mos-

I would like to try TC and the others- but they make me leary w/ how they are cutting off customers and I just saw a ad on tv yest. re: TC saying you could pull as much as you want...
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Net,

I'm unfamiliar with the term TC. At first I thought you meant Transunion but that's not it. What does it mean?

Anyhow, it was Myfico's text message to my phone recently that I noticed I have 4 false hard inquiry's that I'm trying to dispute. I really like that feature however I've noticed that everytime I get a text message from a CRA that it is in the middle of the night while I am sleeping and it wakes me up (from the beeping reminder).
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Truecredit. It is a credit monitoring service that is supposed to let you pull reports as much as you want to. But some on the board were "kicked out" due to what the company called excessive monitoring that constituted a chance at identity theft...I know- crazy.

I guess for me since I only used the 30 day free trial I didn't get more updates than I could w/in the 30 days- I just decided for me that it wasns't worth it.

But some people love it. It was just a personal choice w/ me.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

true credit is FAKO and not very good.  my fico is what lenders see. they give you 20% off sometimes.  experian does not co-operate with them very well. my fico will help you write dispute letters to all three cras. 
hope this helps.
Message 5 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

So far (less than a month), I've been pulling credit reports from TC (TrueCredit) 6 days/ week on average, and other than the reproachful comment that you get when you request the update, they haven't nuked me yet. I ignore the scores. The reports are a little odd sometimes. For instance, Equifax just has x x x x on the payment history instead of OK OK OK OK. It is also a shortened version of the genuine thing pulled directly from each credit bureau, but then so are the ones from the myFICO site.

I have ScoreWatch, and after an initial flurry, I am no longer awakened by the beeping of text updates. (sigh) But when I see something that looks significant on the TC credit reports, I cough up for the FICO's, and at least the EQ report is cheaper with ScoreWatch. It's also fun to play with their score simulator--only available for EQ and TU, not EX.

Didn't I read somewhere else that someone got Credit Watch, and they could pull whenever they wanted, but the info on the reports was always several months old? Can't remember for sure. You might want to type CreditWatch in the search box under your name and see what comes up.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How offten can I update mu report if pay for Equifax Credit Watch™ Gold?
  • Daily monitoring of your Equifax Credit Report for key changes (email/wireless alerts)
  • Unlimited Equifax Credit Reports
  •  

What does thos exacly mean Unlimited EQ report!?!?

Message 7 of 12
      smallfry
      Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
      How offten can I update mu report if pay for Equifax Credit Watch™ Gold?
    • Daily monitoring of your Equifax Credit Report for key changes (email/wireless alerts)
    • Unlimited Equifax Credit Reports
    • What does thos exacly mean Unlimited EQ report!?!?

You can pull a fresh report everyday. Problem with this is you absolutely risk a split file with Equifax. Not fun to remove.
        Message 8 of 12
        makeynik
        Regular Contributor

Hi...I have read about some problems with fico score watch product, and I do not think that I am getting alerts as well...
        I am a newer monthly subscriber here and I just checked out the equifax scorewatch "gold" product with unlimited credit reports, which is appealing to me...

It has Fico registered mark by the score, so is that true fico score?
        what is this split reporting problem...could you elaborate please?

Thanks!
        6/30/08 TU 441 EQ 425 EX 513
        8/01/08 TU 499 EQ 488 EX 489
        8/23/08 EQ 556
        9/04/08 EQ 567
        11/14/08 TU 531, EQ 582, EX 509
        12/29/08 EQ 620 (yea!) EX 546 TU 555
        1/17/2009 TU 568 EQ 620 EX 584, 4/15/09 TU 506, EQ 612
        5/24/09 TU 558, EQ 646
        Message 9 of 12
        Anonymous
        Not applicable

Yes- The SW product directly from EQ is a FICO score.

"split reporting " - we refer to this as a "split file" when too much data (TL's, Soft inq's) can not longer be contained on 1 file the files splits into 2 - giving a Reporta and a reportb, The score and data will be different based on what report is pulled.

TU and EQ know how to pull the split report back together.  

makeynik wrote:
        Hi...I have read about some problems with fico score watch product, and I do not think that I am getting alerts as well...
        I am a newer monthly subscriber here and I just checked out the equifax scorewatch "gold" product with unlimited credit reports, which is appealing to me...

It has Fico registered mark by the score, so is that true fico score?
        what is this split reporting problem...could you elaborate please?

Thanks!

Message 10 of 12
        Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.