Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Score Watch

Re:  Any Score Change (Discontinued as of 7/13/08)

Does this mean that subscribers are no longer notified of any score change since last alert...  this is one of the best features of the product and why i subscribed, why oh why would this awesome feature be discontinued Smiley Sad

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Score Watch

Set your "target score" to your current FICO EQ score. Movement away from this score, either up or down, will trigger an alert.

If it's been a while since you've pulled your EQ, it might not be the one that you currently have, so it might not be the optimal target score. It is up to you as to whether you want to pull a fresh score to use for the current target.

Some people pick a score 40 points higher as their target score. That score might be their goal, but it doesn't work for triggering score alerts, unless your score suddenly jumps 40+ points.

So just go with the newest score you have, and don't forget to reset your target every time you get a new score.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote: Set your "target score" to your current FICO EQ score. Movement away from this score, either up or down, will trigger an alert. If it's been a while since you've pulled your EQ, it might not be the one that you currently have, so it might not be the optimal target score. It is up to you as to whether you want to pull a fresh score to use for the current target. Some people pick a score 40 points higher as their target score. That score might be their goal, but it doesn't work for triggering score alerts, unless your score suddenly jumps 40+ points. So just go with the newest score you have, and don't forget to reset your target every time you get a new score.
....And since it looks like you haven't seen your EFX score for awhile, a free report has been added to your SW account so you can set your target to the most up-to-date score. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Barry on 09-12-2008 03:48 PM
Message 3 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

Thanks Hauling for the v. helpful, detailed rejoinder, i appreciate the info!  Barry you're a peach! Thank you so much, ya'll made my weekend start out right Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by score_building on 09-12-2008 03:52 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Set your "target score" to your current FICO EQ score. Movement away from this score, either up or down, will trigger an alert.

Yes, but when will I be notified? I know about a change in my EQ report + I know my old score, but I haven't seen the alarm so far. What I see is that it takes ~1 week+.
Why is SW so slow?
Message 5 of 8
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Yes, but when will I be notified? I know about a change in my EQ report + I know my old score, but I haven't seen the alarm so far. What I see is that it takes ~1 week+.
Why is SW so slow?

Hi Physicist...While SW monitors for credit report changes daily, it monitors for score changes every 7-10 days. So, it could take a week or so after your score reaches the target to get the alert.

May I ask what the change was to your EFX report?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote: Set your "target score" to your current FICO EQ score. Movement away from this score, either up or down, will trigger an alert.
Yes, but when will I be notified? I know about a change in my EQ report + I know my old score, but I haven't seen the alarm so far. What I see is that it takes ~1 week+. Why is SW so slow?
Hi Physicist...While SW monitors for credit report changes daily, it monitors for score changes every 7-10 days. So, it could take a week or so after your score reaches the target to get the alert. May I ask what the change was to your EFX report?
My EQ went from $0 to 5$, and therefore the number of accounts with balance went up. This changed my TU and EX, and I'm sure that is also the case for EQ. Are you able to tell me my schedule for future SW checks? I can not imagine that this is just random.

Message Edited by Physicist on 09-13-2008 09:36 PM
Message 7 of 8
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Barry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote: Set your "target score" to your current FICO EQ score. Movement away from this score, either up or down, will trigger an alert.
Yes, but when will I be notified? I know about a change in my EQ report + I know my old score, but I haven't seen the alarm so far. What I see is that it takes ~1 week+. Why is SW so slow?
Hi Physicist...While SW monitors for credit report changes daily, it monitors for score changes every 7-10 days. So, it could take a week or so after your score reaches the target to get the alert. May I ask what the change was to your EFX report?
My EQ went from $0 to 5$, and therefore the number of accounts with balance went up. This changed my TU and EX, and I'm sure that is also the case for EQ. Are you able to tell me my schedule for future SW checks? I can not imagine that this is just random.

Message Edited by Physicist on 09-13-2008 09:36 PM

There are a lot of things that can be going on here, i.e. the "number of accounts with balances" factor at EFX wasn't being impacted as much as at the other two bureaus, or there were some other changes going on both with your EFX as well as TU and EXP, or ???

The SW monitoring schedule works like this: It checks for credit alert changes (credit report changes) everyday and for score alert changes (target score) every 7-10 days.

Again, I'd give it a little time. But if you don't want to wait, you can always pull a new EFX report to see for sure.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.