cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score has not Changed in almost 60 days??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score has not Changed in almost 60 days??

I singed up for Score Watch and get my first score report on August 12th.  Its not Oct 2nd and nothing has posted or changed? How is this possible when i just paid off a car loan and made two large payments to my credit cards!?!?!

I am looking to buy another car but have been waiting to see if and when my score goes up. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score has not Changed in almost 60 days??

That don't sound right! I had this same problem with Equifax score watch. I had to pull a new report just to see my score change. I then called them and they said it was a technical issue. It happened several times. I complained so much they gave me 4 free reports and scores and the issue still isn't fixed. Needless to say I'm gonna cancel with them very soon!

So if I was you I would pull a report and score and see! If it has changed I would call and complain. Let me know if you are having this issue too!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were exactly right i just used the second free power report that comes with the score watch and my score was +70 pts!!!!  What the hell, that score watch software sucks!  I am going to call them monday morning and ask to fix the "tech" issue or get a full refund.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I can say is BUYER BEWARE!!!  Good luck trying to stay on top of this crap.  It doesn't matter if you're dealing direct with Fair Isaac/MYFICO, Experian or Equifax...they are all in business to make money off of us...   My ScoreWatch is less than reliable - never has been accurate.  Sometimes the alert is on time, sometimes not.  Sometimes the alert is accurate sometimes not.  And, I bought my Equifax report through MYFICO this morning with 25% coupon I ende up STILL paying $12.95 for STALE INFORMATION...  My credit card balances showed $286 an My Installment balance at $438...both are WRONG.  I went to my creditCheckTOTAL an dpulled a new report and the Equifax utilitation is accurate showing my credit card balance to be $0 and my installment at $325.  I called MYFICO customer service only to get lip service on how MYFICO reports what the bureaus have reported to them.  QUESTION: The bad guy - Experian has the right info - seems they picked up the correct update balances from Equifax so why can't MYFICO?  AND to top it off...MYFICO score of 686 doesn't change.

I close on my house 10/15 and will cancel all subscriptions for credit monitoring and simply stop the INSANITY!  I've placed a 7 year fraud alert on my credit record - that was free!

Message 4 of 5
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

R6Venom wrote:
You were exactly right i just used the second free power report that comes with the score watch and my score was +70 pts!!!!  What the hell, that score watch software sucks!  I am going to call them monday morning and ask to fix the "tech" issue or get a full refund.
Before doing all that, R6Venom, you may want to learn how Score Watch works, i.e. what it does and doesn't do, by reading the Score Watch Guide stickeyed at the top of this board. When you do you'll see that paying off a car loan and making large payments on your credit cards won't trigger alerts. As for score change alerts, these are monitored on a weekly basis. So, when you pulled your score on 10/2, after last seeing it in August, it may have increased to the score you saw less than a week before you pulled it on 10/2.  Your target score was set much higher than your August score, so it could have taken awhile to get to where it was on 10/2.

As creditwherecreditisdue suggested to you in another thread in another board, set your target score to your current score if you want more alerts. Then you'll be alerted anytime it goes up or down from there.  And so you can do that, we've added a free EQ report to your Score Watch subscription so that you can pull it and then immediately set your target score to it. Once you've done that, you'll then be alerted the next time it changes.

Or, if you're still not satisfied, contact myFICO customer service for a prorated refund.  Good luck!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.