Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score watch alerts

tag
TATATA
Regular Contributor

Score watch alerts

Do any of you have problems receiving MyFICO score watch alerts? For example, there's times when my original Equifax report shows new accounts for a couple a months, and I don't get any score watch credit alerts alerting me of such new accounts (even though, I do get alerts for other miscellaneous changes). I even check the new accounts tab - and nothing shows; however, if I buy a NEW updated report, then it shows the new accounts??? Or sometimes, I get an alert for a credit inquiry, two weeks after the fact. In addition, there are several authorized user accounts missing. Weird!!

Anyways, do any of you have any suggestions, on a more prompt and accurate credit monitoring service? I'm not concern about the FICO score.

Thanks in advance. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Re: Score watch alerts

Couple things -- you won't see the new accounts in your report because it is a snapshot in time. You would need to pull a new report.

You won't receive score alert changes unless certain criteria are met (check the settings tab in scorewatch). To maximize your alerts, set your target score as your current score. Every time you get a score alert, update your target score to match your current score. This will notify you if it goes up or down.

Anyway, here is a good list of credit monitoring services (CMS): CMS Guide

I use USAA Credit Check Monitoring Premium. $12.25/month and I can pull a report from all 3 bureaus every day. You also get FAKO PLUS scores. Pretty useless, but it's fun to watch the scores go up.

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 2 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, you should have received an alert for the new accounts provided they weren't existing AU accounts or other backdated accounts (like Amex).

Message 3 of 9
goldenyears
New Contributor

Thanks for the information, apandabear.  I kept lowering my target score and have never gotten an alert, so hopefully resetting to my existing score (or at least as it stood two weeks ago) will help me keep tabs on how small things affect my scores.

Do these alerts go out daily at a certain time or are they constantly refreshing?

Starting Score: 523 TU: 3/15/2012
Current Score: 732 EQ 09/03/2014
Next Goal Score: steady 750 by Jan 2017

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
apandabear
Regular Contributor

I don't see any pattern in time of day, or even day of week. I've had the "no scorewatch alerts this week" email come on Friday, Thursday, and Monday.

I'm wondering if it starts the counter over based on your latest alert. As far as time of day, I've seen 8pm, 6pm, 1:45pm.. It appears to be random.

Also, if your score has moved in the last 2 weeks, you might not get score-based alerts. Hopefully you'll get an alert based on an actual change, and you can reset your target score. I'm getting ready to pull a new Power Report in the next few days.. it will be interesting to see what has changed. I haven't received an alert on an address change that already hit EQ a week ago (based on USAA monitoring). I'm hoping to see a bump based on a collection dropping. I know I won't get an alert based on the account dropping, but I should have had an alert based on my address change, and the FICO bump in the background. Oh well.

It's not a perfect system, but tracking my score is important to me.. So I'm going to stick with it for now.

Best of luck to you!

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 5 of 9
Dapper_Dan
Contributor

Yeah - I've come to the conclusion that SW is stupid.  Why setup a monitoring system that doesn't monitor changes unless you update it each time your score changes?  This should be an autonomous update, not a manual score change requirement.  If there's no activity on the account, it should reiterate that.  Whenever there is new activity, a monitoring system should alert me - and SW is not doing that.  If my score deviates, SW only works when I change my score in the settings of SW.  How stupid is that?  Very stupid.

4/2012 **Paid off 60 month car loan in 60 months**
6/11/2012 500 Auto EQ (CarMax)
7/2012 **Paid off 60 month VW car loan in 32 months**
8/13/2012 584 TU myFICO
8/16/2012 577 EQ myFICO
8/18/2012 **New $500 CC from WalMart** (1st CC since 2008)
8/19/2012 **New $200 CC from Capital One** (2nd CC since 2008)
Message 6 of 9
westo12
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

OP, you should have received an alert for the new accounts provided they weren't existing AU accounts or other backdated accounts (like Amex).

Today is Thursday, I didn't get a SW alert for a new account added on Tuesday.  Do you know why this is?

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 7 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@westo12 wrote:

@llecs wrote:

Today is Thursday, I didn't get a SW alert for a new account added on Tuesday.  Do you know why this is?

For sure you saw it appear Tuesday on EQ (via a CMS or new report pull)? If so, I'd start by checking your alerts within SW. If not there, I'd probably call them tomorrow.

Message 8 of 9
westo12
Established Contributor

For sure you saw it appear Tuesday on EQ (via a CMS or new report pull)? If so, I'd start by checking your alerts within SW. If not there, I'd probably call them tomorrow.

Yes, I saw it on a new report pull.  I do have an SW alert from the 18th, but it was for a new inquiry and not the new account.

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.