Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score watch and TU quarterly monitoring

tag
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Score watch and TU quarterly monitoring

So out of curiosity i went to another site where i could get a free credit report for all 3 agencies and i have noticed a new account i have been expecting to pop up and have never gotten an alert about it from score watch? Why is this?

on 3/18 and  3/25 i had an inquiry on EQ I never had an alert issued for either entry. 

Same for the TU quarterly monitoring . Inquiries on 3/20 and 3/24 and not a peep . 

Any help on this would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score watch and TU quarterly monitoring

Quarterly Monitoring is just that. It gives you quarterly updates, as in ever 4 months.

That is unacceptable about scorewatch, I have to says it really is sucking now. I have had a new account since late March, never an alert for the new account, but for something else.

However, somebody I know has scorewatch and is in the free trial. They get alerts every few days. Really weird. 

Message 2 of 4
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Im sorry but i may be wrong here,

But the way i read it, is the TU quarterly give you a report and credit score every 3 months (quarterly) but also "monitors" your profile .

For example it says this ."ID theft alerts keep you informed about what's going on with your credit and your identity at all times. If we discover any changes or new information, like a different name, phone number or address, we post it here. Then, we immediately send you an ID theft alert E-mail that directs you to this page, so you can check the new activity for ID theft"

https://www.myfico.com/cpp/TutorialAlerts.aspx

other wise there is no actual MONITORING going on and you are just getting 4 reports a year. 

I surely would love a response from one of the myfico employees on my take of that product and some type of actual addressing of my issues as i am going to be forced to just cancel the products otherwise. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Woolfman wrote:

Im sorry but i may be wrong here,

But the way i read it, is the TU quarterly give you a report and credit score every 3 months (quarterly) but also "monitors" your profile .

For example it says this ."ID theft alerts keep you informed about what's going on with your credit and your identity at all times. If we discover any changes or new information, like a different name, phone number or address, we post it here. Then, we immediately send you an ID theft alert E-mail that directs you to this page, so you can check the new activity for ID theft"

https://www.myfico.com/cpp/TutorialAlerts.aspx

other wise there is no actual MONITORING going on and you are just getting 4 reports a year. 

I surely would love a response from one of the myfico employees on my take of that product and some type of actual addressing of my issues as i am going to be forced to just cancel the products otherwise. 

That is exactly what I thought when I signed on for TU Quarterly Monitoring... that it monitors your credit file for new accounts or changes as scorewatch does.

I have had many changes on my credit profile - added an account etc but no updates from the TU Quarterly monitoring.

I would appreciate on of the employees looking into this too... or explaining how their product works a little better to us!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.