cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScoreWatch - Lots of credit alerts, same score?

tag
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

ScoreWatch - Lots of credit alerts, same score?

On May 15, 2009, I switched my ScoreWatch subrscription from Equifax to MyFico.com.

I got a Score Power report and a score of 634.

Since that time, 2 CC accounts have been added to my report, bringing my total of revolving accounts to 3.

I've also had a medical collection change from "unpaid/delinquent" to "paid."

Shouldn't my score have gone down???

My AAoA went from 4 years to 3, and have recent activity on a collection account that had been dormant for 2 years, and it didn't change one point?

My TU FICO reacted to these changes and went down 11 points.

The kicker is that today I got an email from Score Watch that said:

Matthew,

There are a few changes to your credit report today:
  • A public record listed on your credit report has changed.

THERE ISN'T EVEN A PR ON MY EQ REPORT!!!  I almost feel like I have to use my one remaining score power report just to see if there is a bogus PR on my report.

What in the world is going on?  When I had Scorewatch through Equifax, my score changed when my reports changed. I have yet to see that happen here.

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ScoreWatch - Lots of credit alerts, same score?

ScoreWatch seems to have gone bonkers in the last week.  My wife got several alerts very recently, including an alert today dated yesterday that 5 tradelines that were recently removed updated and it dropped her score 20 points. 

Except that neither CreditCheckTotal, nor pulling from EQ directly, is showing these TLs!  They are not on her report at all!  Where the heck is ScoreWatch getting information from?

Message 2 of 14
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

There was a problem with SW alert delivery a few weeks back that may have caused this, Mike14. Once corrected, all of the backlogged alerts were sent out within a few days.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 20 points came back two days ago. There was no credit alert, but I'm assuming the five accounts "fell off" of what Score Watch was seeing. Just in time for her birthday!
Message 4 of 14
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

While I'm happy thatMike14's issue was resolved, mine remains unresolved.

I am still wondering about this bogus PR Alert I received.

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 5 of 14
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

PayingTheBills wrote:

While I'm happy thatMike14's issue was resolved, mine remains unresolved.

I am still wondering about this bogus PR Alert I received.

While I'll agree it's a bit unusual to add accounts and not see your score drop, it's entirely possible. As for activity on a dormant collection, that kind of change will generate an alert for a trade line but not a collection.

I have no idea what's going on with that PR alert, though. There have been some alert processing issues with SW recently, so it's possible your receiving of that alert could be attributable to an error. If it was sent as part of an alert processing error, however, your report and score should not be impacted. Just to be sure there is no PR on your report, we've added a free EQ report to your SW subscription.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!  I'm having the same problem.  I used to have MyFico service several years ago and when I received credit alerts, they were usually accompanied by an email saying something lile "Your Fico Score has Changed [+38]."  I reinstated my subscription this past May and in that time period, I've had numerous alerts, including 2 significant account improvements, a recent collection deleted, as well as some pretty decent balance decreases.  My score has not changed at all.  When I used to have the subscription, I received the emails mentioned above quite regularly.  I am currently receiving the alerts (i.e., A change has been made to your Equifax report... the following are possible reasons your score may have gone up....), yet no score change.  Is this normal?  Thanks!!
Message 7 of 14
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Thanks a bunch Barry, I'll pull a new report and post here with what I find.

I appreciate the extra Score Power Report, and I hope EQ gets everything sorted out.

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 8 of 14
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Score went up 1 point to a 635. Thankfully, no PR anywhere to be found. Smiley Happy

Something weird though - in the Score Simulator, it says I have an "open/revolving balance" of $543.

This is untrue, and even on the second page of the report, it has the correct info because it says I am using $10 (<1%) of my available credit.  It appears to have added a balance from a paid collection of $533 that is going to fall off in September of this year.  Weird indeed.

Anyway, SW says 665-695 in 3 months if I behave myself.

Thanks again Barry, you helped put my mind at ease.

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 9 of 14
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

ehm924 wrote:
Hello!  I'm having the same problem.  I used to have MyFico service several years ago and when I received credit alerts, they were usually accompanied by an email saying something lile "Your Fico Score has Changed [+38]."  I reinstated my subscription this past May and in that time period, I've had numerous alerts, including 2 significant account improvements, a recent collection deleted, as well as some pretty decent balance decreases.  My score has not changed at all.  When I used to have the subscription, I received the emails mentioned above quite regularly.  I am currently receiving the alerts (i.e., A change has been made to your Equifax report... the following are possible reasons your score may have gone up....), yet no score change.  Is this normal?  Thanks!!
While, again, it's not all that unusual to have the same score for a few months, we've added a free report to your Score Watch so you can know your current Equifax score. Then once you get your new score, immediately set your target score to it. This way you'll be sure to get an alert when the score changes again. Good luck!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.