cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScoreWatch - Lots of credit alerts, same score?

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: ScoreWatch - Lots of credit alerts, same score?

PayingTheBills wrote:

Score went up 1 point to a 635. Thankfully, no PR anywhere to be found. Smiley Happy

Something weird though - in the Score Simulator, it says I have an "open/revolving balance" of $543.

This is untrue, and even on the second page of the report, it has the correct info because it says I am using $10 (<1%) of my available credit.  It appears to have added a balance from a paid collection of $533 that is going to fall off in September of this year.  Weird indeed.

Anyway, SW says 665-695 in 3 months if I behave myself.

Thanks again Barry, you helped put my mind at ease.

Interesting that the simulator included that collection amount as revolving/open, which of course it is neither. Undoubtedly this is because the collection is listed in the trade line section of the report as "open" type. Fortunately, this misinformation is only impacting the simulator and not your score. I'll create a tech ticket for this so our analysts can take a look. Thanks for letting us know!
Message 11 of 14
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I just thought it was weird, and I would be much more worried if I thought it was impacting my score, but the second page accurately reports my 1% utilization.

Good call on resetting my target score. I completely forgot this time. 

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had SW for a month now and no score change, I also got an alert for a CITI account I have never had saying there was a $21 increase on the account, I have no clue what SW is talking about, I do know if this were true my creditkeeper.com would have alerted me too but it didn't. Still same score after 4 alerts.
Message 13 of 14
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

OSAN_MAN wrote:
I have had SW for a month now and no score change, I also got an alert for a CITI account I have never had saying there was a $21 increase on the account, I have no clue what SW is talking about, I do know if this were true my creditkeeper.com would have alerted me too but it didn't. Still same score after 4 alerts.
It's not at all unusual for your score to stay the same for a month or two or even three. It all depends on the changes to your credit report. No doubt your score will change one of these days! Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.