Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScoreWatch not sending alerts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ScoreWatch not sending alerts

I am wondering why I am not getting alerts.  I specifically wanted to know when public record information was changed and also when my score had improved,  I added Scorewatch last month and got a letter from Equifax from the 7th that indicated that a public record item had been removed.  Since this is a change should I have been alerted to the change?

Also a question on the score alerting.  If I realize now that I set up too high a score to begin with so after some reading I lowered it to the last score I had from Equifax 591 - 9/29.  I repulled 10/16(or17) and it was now 597.  I would suspect the score was higher before that so shouldnt I have gotten an alert or does it take a week or more for Scorewatch to pick up changes? 

I am just wondering if the $90 a year is going to be worth it if I am not going to be alerted, I could pull my report once a month and get as much benefit as I am currently getting since I have had to pull it to get an update on the improvement.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ScoreWatch not sending alerts

This is happening to me also. I've paid for a report today and my score went up 9 points and I never got an alert from Stopwatch.

I would like to know why it is not working properly

Message 2 of 4
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

SCHNOWZER wrote:

I am wondering why I am not getting alerts.  I specifically wanted to know when public record information was changed and also when my score had improved,  I added Scorewatch last month and got a letter from Equifax from the 7th that indicated that a public record item had been removed.  Since this is a change should I have been alerted to the change?

Also a question on the score alerting.  If I realize now that I set up too high a score to begin with so after some reading I lowered it to the last score I had from Equifax 591 - 9/29.  I repulled 10/16(or17) and it was now 597.  I would suspect the score was higher before that so shouldnt I have gotten an alert or does it take a week or more for Scorewatch to pick up changes? 

I am just wondering if the $90 a year is going to be worth it if I am not going to be alerted, I could pull my report once a month and get as much benefit as I am currently getting since I have had to pull it to get an update on the improvement.

Hi SCHNOWZER....If there's a change to the status of a public record item you will be alerted. But the removal of a public record or any other item will not trigger an alert.

As for your score change, I'm unable to track it closely enough to say whether or not you should have been alerted. Keep in mind that if there are no other credit alerts being triggered, Score Watch monitors your score on a weekly basis. Now that you have your target score set to where it should be, I'd suggest giving it a week and then, if not satisfied, cancel before the end of your 30 day free trial.
Message 3 of 4
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

coolAunt wrote:

This is happening to me also. I've paid for a report today and my score went up 9 points and I never got an alert from Stopwatch.

I would like to know why it is not working properly

Hi coolAunt....At first you had your target score too high to be alerted. Then on 10/15 you set it to your latest score and then pulled another report on 10/19 with the score you feel you should have been alerted to.

It's important to understand that the score is monitored on a weekly basis. So there's no way to know if you would have been alerted or not, since a week did not go by before you pulled that new report a couple of days ago.

From what I've seen there's no reason to believe it's not working properly for you. I would suggest that all Score Watch subscribers read the Score Watch Guide stickeyed at the top of this board to fully understand what SW does and doesn't claim to do.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.