Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScoreWatch question, please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ScoreWatch question, please

Do I understand this right? Even though I have SW set to report ANY changes to our FICO, it will only (really) report negs/decreases, rather than pos/increases?

We just caught up (middle of last month) on several loans, paid off a tax lien and had a collection or two PFD'd ... will those not update the score? Or will they??

Or am I just jumping the gun and the creditors haven't updated the CRAs yet (reason for no change in score)?

TIA!!! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ScoreWatch question, please

While many Positive actions do not "trigger" a scorewatch alert. 
Scorewatch still looks for score changes on a regular basis- 7 to 10 days and will alert you to a score change.

Wonderin wrote:
Do I understand this right? Even though I have SW set to report ANY changes to our FICO, it will only (really) report negs/decreases, rather than pos/increases?

We just caught up (middle of last month) on several loans, paid off a tax lien and had a collection or two PFD'd ... will those not update the score? Or will they??

Or am I just jumping the gun and the creditors haven't updated the CRAs yet (reason for no change in score)?

TIA!!! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

I was adding 1 point to my current EQ and told Score Watch to check for it.  MY EQ score went up 10 points and no alert.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I don't understand this at all, but I get alerts when I enter my current score for the target, not when it's set for + one.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

That was working.  Unless of couse some programmer changed the code from <= to = and >= to =.

Maybe they just check for < since its saves the money or something.

Anyway if setting it equal to the current score causes it to work, that would be a bug in my world and something that needs to be fixed.  Unless it is designed to work that way and then the documentation should be changed.
Message 5 of 7
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Are you saying if my score was reported on the 21st as 714 that I should set up scorewatch to keep its eye out for an increase to 714?  I just did this.  Should I expect an alert today?  In the next 3 days?

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

Perhaps SW alerts are tied into how MyFico stock is doing.  A drop in stock price might make it
"less sensistive"  so the FICO score junkies might be tempted to purchase more Score Power reports thus increasing revenue.  Following the prices of a barrel of oil model I suppose.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.