Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ScoreWatch question

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

ScoreWatch question

I signed up for ScoreWatch yesterday, and my EQ score was 668.  I logged in later in the day to set up alerts and things, and I saw this under alerts:

"Your FICO® score has exceeded your target score of 668"

it also said that my score may have changed because one of my areas of improvement isn't impacting my score as much.  Anyway, is it possible that my score already increased from my initial reading on here, or is this just a glitch of some kind.  There were no details beyond what I read, so I'm not sure.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ScoreWatch question

Are there any other alerts showing?

Message 2 of 7
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

No other alerts
Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

When you login and click on SW, does it still show 668?

Message 4 of 7
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Yes it does still show, but I was under the impression that you only got two scores. So that it might alert you to changes and such but not the actual score difference.
Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

No, it'll alert you to a new FICO for all credit alerts (e.g. balance increases, stati changes, new accounts, inquiries, etc.) or to a score alert. Your EQ FICO is monitored for changes every 7-10 days and if your EQ FICO hits or exceeds your target score in Settings, then you'll get alerted. I've received dozens of new score notifications in the past year. You only get two reports with the first being used when you subscribe.

I'm not entirely sure on your example why it didn't show a new score. If your target score wasn't set at 668, then I can see why you'd see what you saw, but if exactly set at 668, then I'd have to guess that maybe your score increased then decreased, or decreased then increased to where it was in the matter of a day. It can happen. But since you subscribed yesterday I can't see how that would happen so quickly since EQ only updates 1x/day.

Message 6 of 7
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Thanks again for the info. I didn't set any targets when I first signed up, so perhaps that's why. 668 was just the initial score. So from what your saying, I would get a new score whenever it changed, just not a new report?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.