Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch Double Reporting Error

tag
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

Scorewatch Double Reporting Error

Some of my Scorewatch Alerts are showing double alerts for the exact same account/amount. I'm not sure if this error is affecting my score or not, but either way I'd like it fixed. Most recent example:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

2 of your accounts reported balance increases
BANK OF AMERICA  (XXXXXXXXXXXXxxxx)
New balance: $339

Account opened: 4/2009
Description: Credit card
Amount in H/C column is credit limit

Previously reported Newly reported Account balance: $0 $339
You received this alert because this balance which was previously $0 increased to $339. This exceeded your alert limit of $5. You can change the settings for this kind of alert here.

BANK OF AMERICA  (XXXXXXXXXXXXxxxx)
New balance: $339

Account opened: 4/2009
Description: Credit card
Amount in H/C column is credit limit

Previously reported Newly reported Account balance: $0 $339
You received this alert because this balance which was previously $0 increased to $339. You can change the settings for this kind of alert here.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Scorewatch Double Reporting Error

The only way this double reporting could hurt your score is if the balance for this account appears on your credit report as doubled. We've added a free EQ report for you to check. If the balance on the account is correct then no harm has been done.

Referring this to our tech team to see why the duplicate reporting.
Message 2 of 4
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Barry, all seems well as far as the report/score goes. You say you added a free report so I used the "Get Today's Score" link below my EQ score. When I went back to my accounts page after viewing this report, the "Get Today's Score" link was missing - will this replaced as per my free report? I'm guessing this will just take a bit to update in order to reflect the free report...

Thanks for the prompt customer service. I'd also like to add that I've read a couple of posts about people's Scorewatch not working as expected, etc. - and other than this rather benign incident, mine has worked without flaw - the alerts have been accurate and right on time. Coupled with good CS, this is an excellent product - keep up the good work... Smiley Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 3 of 4
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

bigtim wrote:

Thanks Barry, all seems well as far as the report/score goes. You say you added a free report so I used the "Get Today's Score" link below my EQ score. When I went back to my accounts page after viewing this report, the "Get Today's Score" link was missing - will this replaced as per my free report? I'm guessing this will just take a bit to update in order to reflect the free report...

Thanks for the prompt customer service. I'd also like to add that I've read a couple of posts about people's Scorewatch not working as expected, etc. - and other than this rather benign incident, mine has worked without flaw - the alerts have been accurate and right on time. Coupled with good CS, this is an excellent product - keep up the good work... Smiley Happy

The "Get Today's Score" score was missing because, for your protection (from buying the same report and score repeatedly), myFICO only allows you to buy one score per bureau per day. No doubt the "Get Today's Score" link was restored the next day. Glad to hear you're satisfied with SW. Granted it's not perfect but we've been making improvements to the alerting process and will continue to do so. Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.