Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch Notifications

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scorewatch Notifications

Does anyone know how frequently we should be getting notifications from Scorewatch (on average).

Since I signed up with scorewatch nearly 2 months ago, I have paid down roughly $2000 of CC debt (possibly more), and have gotten no notifications.

The last notification I received was on August 6, 2009 that my Amex Blue card showed a balance increase. 

I then assumed that Amex reports on the 6th of the month, but received no notification.

Chase (the card that I have been paying down significantly - gone from roughly 98% util to 59% util hasn't updated at all.

I don't want to seem stingy, but I really do not want to pull another report right now.

I just want to know if this is normal.  My score is currently 689, and I have my Scorewatch setting to alert me when my score hits 690...I am just surprised that I have not gained ANY points (even 1) in the past 2 months.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Scorewatch Notifications

I don't believe ScoreWatch gives an alert when a balance goes down. There are certain actions that trigger alerts...paying off balances isn't one of them.

This took me a while to get used to as well. I wanted notification every time my score changed, but that's not how ScoreWatch works. Something has to trigger a ScoreWatch alert...then a new score is calculated.

For example, I had a credit card showing a zero balance. Then, it reported $12. That triggered an alert because the balance went up over so much percent. An inquiry, for example, will trigger an alert. There is a list of what will trigger an alert.

Message Edited by LynetteM on 09-17-2009 07:40 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Lynette!

I guess what I meant was...I know ScoreWatch does not trigger an alert when a balance goes down, however, I thought that:

Balance goes down = lower utilization

lower utilzation = good thing for my overall score; increase in FICO score

increase in FICO score = trigger in ScoreWatch

Maybe ScoreWatch wasn't the correct product for me, and I should just pull my report 1x/month?

Message 3 of 4
QueenBean
Regular Contributor

You may want to change your ScoreWatch settings to be a little more sensative, so that small changes will trigger an alert.

Good Luck

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.