Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch Updates

tag
roniram
Regular Contributor

Scorewatch Updates

I recently paid off my credit cards, and since then I have not had an update. I have never been this long without one. My last update was on September 8th. Does anyone have an idea why its not updating as much as it has in the past?
Venture 10K /NFCU Platinum 6.6K /Amazon 6.6K/ Walmart 3.3K /Cap 1 QS1 1.65K /Cap 1 Platinum 1.15K /Show MC 1.1 /Amex BCE 1K /Chase Freedom 1K / NFCU Cash Rewards 500/
Starting Score: 6/1/13 TU 566 EXP 632 EQ 611
Current Score: 09/13/21 TU 726 EXP 717 EQ 718
Goal Score: 740 Across the Board
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Scorewatch Updates

Your cr is monitored for score changes every 7-10 days. In order for you to be alerted faster, you might want to check your preferences for changes to your CR's. Ie balance, scores, etc.

Congratulations on paying off your credit cards.
Message 2 of 15
Peter1142
Established Contributor

No Score Watch Alerts this week!!!

Despite my Best Buy card being CLOSED and the balance paid off.

I haven't had a score watch alert in 2 months, despite it being set at my most recent reported score and  5%/5% balance changes.

It does not work at all!

Message 3 of 15
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

Score watch is a joke.

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 4 of 15
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Peter1142 wrote:

No Score Watch Alerts this week!!!

Despite my Best Buy card being CLOSED and the balance paid off.

I haven't had a score watch alert in 2 months, despite it being set at my most recent reported score and  5%/5% balance changes.

It does not work at all!

That's sad. I'm doing the 3 month subscription to check it out. If it barely updates then I might as well cancel.

My Best Buy card was closed as well, and no alert. =(

Message 5 of 15
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Anyone know if EQ's own SW is better than MyFICO's SW? http://www.equifax.com/fico-score-credit-watch/

Is there a comparison thread already? or do they both update exactly the same?

Message 6 of 15
dcal
Valued Member

Hello, everyone on the forum

I subcribe to scorewatch and I recently had a shortsale completed and recorded on August 23, 2013 and I pulled my annual credit reports (9-27-2013) that you can pull once a year. I pulled all three credit reports to see what is reporting and how accurate the information is. I must say that Experian and Transunion already have updated my reports with " Status: Paid in settlement and the Creditor's Statement: account paid in full for less than full balance with zero balance and it also state it was reported 08/2013. So this let me know that it reported almost immediately because shortsale was 8/23/2013. I was under the impression that Transunion was supposed to be the slowest bureau to update and report. But, not so in my case TU already has updated the shortsale to my credit file and I first find out it was updated by Experian first and Credit Karma already has updated and have information. The only Bureau that is lagging is Equifax and that include on the annual credit report they have not updated the shortsale and it is not reporting yet. I have only got a few alerts and they all say that for the past week they have been monitoring my credit and nothing has changed. But something has changed and I should have got an alert. I do have my settings set on my present score (pulled on 9-1-2013) I will wait until midnight to pull my last free score.

I just find it more than a little disconcerting for Equifax to be the last one to update information that the other two credit bureaus already has and took the liberty to update with any prompting of any kind. I like Scorewatch and been a customer for a while. But, I am not pleased that Equifax seem to be reluctant in responding to change. I was just anxious because I want to see how my shortsale report the way the BoFA said it was going to report.

I usually post only a few times because some else already ask the question I want to ask. But is anyone else having this problem?

Feedback is welcome

Starting Score: TU 572,EX-578,EQ-539 1-1-2014
Current Score: TU98-591, EQ-582, EX-595 (1-17-2014)
Goal Score= EQ- 760, TU- 760 EX- 760
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 15
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

My chase statement closes on the 23rd. myFICO SW gives me an update on the 27th to show me my balance updated. Does this mean:

1. Chase sends the report to EQ on the 27th?

Or

2. SW has a delay and Chase most likely sends report to EQ on 23rd?

Message 8 of 15
James82
Regular Contributor

SW has been quick and reliable for me for the last month. My CCs usually report a couple days after statements close and SW has been consistent with those updates. I should have one update next week I'm looking forward to.

I am however waiting for a HP to show from a refinance. My credit was pulled yesterday and I have received notifications from CS and CK about a new inquiry already but nothing from SW yet.

Starting Score: EQ 574 - 08.28.13
High Score: EQ 714 (10/18/13) EX 686 (1/6/14) TU 664 (1/6/14)
Current Score: EQ 686 - EX ____- TU ____

Message 9 of 15
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@James82 wrote:

SW has been quick and reliable for me for the last month. My CCs usually report a couple days after statements close and SW has been consistent with those updates. I should have one update next week I'm looking forward to.

I am however waiting for a HP to show from a refinance. My credit was pulled yesterday and I have received notifications from CS and CK about a new inquiry already but nothing from SW yet.

Credit Sesame reports inquiries? Where? Or do you have the paid version?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.