Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch didn't notify me about score changes

tag
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Scorewatch didn't notify me about score changes

I had two scores changes and I have scorewacth. It didn;t notify me of any changes untill I bought new scores. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Scorewatch didn't notify me about score changes

@ando35 wrote:

I had two scores changes and I have scorewacth. It didn;t notify me of any changes untill I bought new scores. 

SW is notoriously late for updates at times, it sucks.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@ando35 wrote:

What caused the score changes?

When did those changes occur (if known)?

Where is your target score set at in relation to your most recent known score (aside from this latest change)?

Be sure to reset that target immediately.

Message 3 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@ando35 wrote:

What caused the score changes?

When did those changes occur (if known)?

Where is your target score set at in relation to your most recent known score (aside from this latest change)?

Be sure to reset that target immediately.

Good info. llecs did not think of that when I commented!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ando and LSSmiley Happy

It's always best to set your SW "Target" score to your current EQ FICO, whatever the score you see when you log into SW, set your target score to that, not one point higher, set it exactly to the score you see, I have had my target score set this way since I've become a SW subscriber and I seem to get alerts every single week, the day varies, but I do get an alert every week either saying SW has been monitoring my report and score and has detected no changes or it will say, SW has detected a change to your FICO score or report, please log into SW to see this alert.

If you both had already had it set this way, you should have received an alert for a score change, no matter what caused it, sometimes if a baddie falls off SW will not tell you the cause of the score change, but if you go over your report with a fine tooth comb, you'll be able to find what caused your score to increase or decrease.

I just wanted to throw that out there.

ETA: make sure you change your "Target" score each time your EQ FICO changes to that exact score, one last thing, it sometimes takes SW 7-10 days to send an alert for a score change, at least this is what I've learned from reading other Members posts here in this Forum, but as I've said above, I seem to get alerts like clockwork every single week, I may be one of the lucky ones that SW works perfect for.

I use Yahoo as my Email provider, I'm not sure if say, Gmail, Hotmail etc....may cause delays or not, but for me, Yahoo Mail and SW seem to work perfectly together for me.

Message 5 of 8
drkaje
Senior Contributor

SW always lags behind other services I use to track by about 4 days. 

I keep it for a few reasons: Barry rocks, people here are so helpful that subscribing supports the site, & true EQ FICO score.

Do I wish it updated more quickly? Yes. That being said, I'm not getting a mortgage, buying a car, or doing anything else cool in the near future so being a few days behind in changing the Fitness Challenge score isn't gonna kill me. 

If I were able to get a mortgage (and needed a target score to qualify), waiting for the updates would be frustrating......... Until it finally sunk in that there was no way to obtain a true FICO Ex sore without applying for credit or moving to PA. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Sorry but I don;t like score watch

It doesn;t tell me when my score change, period.

Message 7 of 8
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, I just did this and I am expecting cap one to start reporting tomorrow. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.