Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch glitch

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scorewatch glitch

I have been a loyal scorewatch customer for several years and yesterday I called to see if I could get the 25% discount they are offering. That's a big NO. Furthermore I complained that Equifax started showing my score 40 points higher 2 weeks ago and I wanted to know why Myfico hasn't changed. Turns out, Myfico is claiming it was a software glitch and the scorewatch is not working for many people. I said, when were you going to notify us since I am paying for daily updates. She fumbled around and gave me a vague answer, but none-the-less here is the kicker. The only way I could get my myfico score to change was to use a Score Power report. The minute I did that my score went up 43 points. So that tells me we are not getting an accurate score unless we purchase the optional Score Power report. Sounds a little unethical to me. I'm frustrated with sending emails to customer service because every time I get the same canned answer... Please call our customer service department. I think I'm going to cancel Myfico since their customer service seems to be going to pot and I can't trust that I'm getting the daily updates that I'm paying for.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Re: Scorewatch glitch

Yeah, the only way I knew my score increased was by ordering a score power report last week.  I never received any alerts prior to that telling me I had an increase and it was a 14 pt increase too.  What a waste of money.  I'm going to cancel.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

yep same thing happend to me to. My score was 635. I had no changes in a month. Ordered a report on the 1st , it jumped to 655. Ordered another on the 15th and it jumped to 665. I just recently purchased the equifax score watch directly from equifax. Ill see how that works. Hopefully it actually does and I will just cancel myfico.
Message 3 of 13
jackg
Established Contributor

The longer I watch the behavior on this board, more incredulous i becomein the hope for seeing improvement!!!no improvements, it's so saad.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am finding that the despription of WHAT it says scorewatch will do is NOT doing it for people.

When I called to complain the representative did tell me of this glitch herself. But they are just not being honest with thier customers.

Furthermore, I told them I am unhappy with it and want to cancel it. They won't let me. I have the emails showing the correspondence. So, I guess I have to pay 3 more months for something that does not do what it is suppose to..

VERY DISSAPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 5 of 13
rom828
Established Contributor

I've had scorewatch for over 3 yrs and for the most part have been satisfied, even with some 'issues'.

Today, I  got a scorewatch alert advising EQ had gone up 1 point,  to 659,   with a list of reasons, so decided to pull scorepower report for more info.

It showed my score at 665?!?!

Seems to me if I'm being alerted to a change that affected my score, and that 'new' score is given, that the score would be the same as on the scorepower report. 

Am I missing something,  or is this just another one of those glitches that keep cropping up?!?!

Message Edited by rom828 on 05-09-2008 01:04 PM
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea that's exactly what we've all been experiencing, and it's been going on for at least a month. I have to call every week to ask for a free ScorePower report and once I do that my score will change. The on-hold time has increased significantly since this glitch popped up also.
Message 7 of 13
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

DW and I got one each today, quite quickly (balance increase, no score change)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called them asking for this weeks score and the girl acted like she didn't know what I was talking about. I tried to explain it and she got snotty and would NOT give me a complimentary ScorePower report this week so I had to escalate to a supe. This is ridiculous. Apparently not everyone at myFico knows or is willing to admit it's a problem so if you suspect this is happening to you be diligent. Fron what I've gathered even though my settings are enabled to provide email alerts for any score changes, the server side of things has the alerts off.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is crap. I really hate when companies do this. At least explain to the customers what is going on and that they will have it fixed. I mean, with my work, if our server goes down or there are glitches, I tell my clients that we are working on it and apologize. I don't lie or pretend nothing is wrong. All this money we are paying and nothing in return....so frustrating.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.