cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch reporting in DOUBLES DOUBLES!!

tag
Want-a-better-FICO
Valued Member

Scorewatch reporting in DOUBLES DOUBLES!!

Has anyone else experienced that scorewatch has been reporting credit card increases in doubles. I received a couple alerts over a month or so stating I had an increase in balance on a couple of my accounts. I am very aware of that, the problem is that these alerts are showing two accounts and information. I am confused on why is it showing identical information and if this is affecting my score by reporting the balance X 2? Everytime this alert has come through my score has decreased. Can someone PLEASE  enlighten me on what may be the problem or is it something to just look over.Smiley Mad

Starting Score: 509
Current Score: 687 EQ 712TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scorewatch reporting in DOUBLES DOUBLES!!

What?!    What?!

Smiley Happy     Smiley Happy

Sorry, couldn't resist. Spreading some Monday cheer.

MyFICO's SW gets data from EQ. As part of your service you can get alerted to balance changes in one of two ways: 1) by a percentage increase and 2) by a dollar increase. You have the option of changing those setting within SW by the amount or opting not to get alerted at all. Unfortunately, when you select both options (I think it defaults to both), you will get alerted twice for the same account if your balance increases by $X dollars and by X percentage. If you don't want the doubled alerts, go into Settings within SW and change the option from "Y" to "N" for either "Whenever one of your accounts has a balance increase larger than X%" or "Whenever one of your accounts has a balance increase larger than $X". If you do this, you'll only get alerted once as opposed to twice.

Message 2 of 4
redhed1026
New Contributor

I think that the OP isn't saying s/he is getting two alerts, rather the same account is reporting twice when you login. I've had this issue now for a while. For example, I receive an alert, telling me there's a change to my credit report. When I login, the alert states "two of your accounts show xxx". When you view the alert, it's actually the same exact account, showing twice.

Any way to fix this?

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@redhed1026 wrote:

I think that the OP isn't saying s/he is getting two alerts, rather the same account is reporting twice when you login. I've had this issue now for a while. For example, I receive an alert, telling me there's a change to my credit report. When I login, the alert states "two of your accounts show xxx". When you view the alert, it's actually the same exact account, showing twice.

Any way to fix this?

I think we're on the same page. Here's what happened to me before figuring it out....I would get one SW alert showing two Citis, or two BofA, or two Chase accounts, etc. with a mention that my balance increased, or whatever. Not only do the SW e-mails show two identical TLs showing the same alert but when you click "Go" at SW on your Products page, then click the "Credit Alerts" tab, you'll see the same TL listed twice with the same balance and account number. It appears as if the same TL reports twice.

The problem has to do with the SW settings. If you change one of those two as mentioned in my prior post, you'll only see that TL once as opposed to twice. In other words, the SW settings has you receiving an alert if your balance exceeds your prior balance by 5% or $1.

Now, OP, if you were referring to receiving two new TLs, with the same OC, CL, account number, etc. , then many apologies.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.