Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch update

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Scorewatch update

Your FICO score may have gone up because the following 4 factors are not hurting your FICO score as much as before:

• You have too many credit accounts with balances.

Very convincing scorewatch. 

Also

Changes to your credit report 

Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™. This can happen if:
  • The balances on one or more of your credit accounts decreased. In general, less debt is better for your score.
  • The credit limit on one or more of your credit accounts increased. Larger credit limits tend to help your FICO® scores if your balances remain the same.
  • Negative information on your credit report, such as a bankruptcy, collection, or record of a late payment, was removed because it was more than 7 years old (or 10 years old in the case of a bankruptcy).
  • Negative information on your credit report is not harming your FICO® score as much as before because it is now older. Past negative credit behavior, like missing payments or defaulting on loans, are offset over time by more recent history of credit responsibility.

Ive never had ANY negative anything on my reports 

my credit history is only two years long. 

Granted might be that most of my accounts are past the 6 month mark (new account ding?) but thats about it. 

Obviously ive used my cards for rewards during the holiday season. 

should be back to normal by end of feb. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scorewatch update

Your alert looks normal. I get them too. It's a score alert. As you know, absent any credit alerts (e.g. balance increases, new TLs, new inquiries, etc.) SW will begin monitoring your EQ FICO for score changes every 7-10 days. Within or by that time frame, it'll present either a notice saying nothing is happening, or will throw out a score alert with your score change. It'll only guess as to the change, but the guesses aren't wholely reliable. If your balances increased, then their guess was accurate. 

The second part of the alert is a generic response and everyone gets it. It'll throw out ideas as to why a score changed, but they don't always apply to you. 

ETA...immediately change your target score to match your latest alert.

Message 2 of 3
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Scorewatch update

thanks illecs. i know this. 

as soon as i get a sw alert i change my score to the current score. 

i just thought it was funny to be so repetitive. 

as for alerts, besides cutting my balances down(getting back to 9%) i dont think ill be getting anymore mid week updates. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.