Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch update

tag
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Scorewatch update

As I understand it scorewatch won't update because of a collection being removed

but if we get points from that deletion should we get an update?  I had a 6 mo collection

removed from my CR yesterday, Equifax verified it was gone Smiley Happy assuming that I get points

for that being gone when should scorewatch update?

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scorewatch update

Do you have your SW score alert set at your exact current FICO Score?

If not I would set it at exactly what your EQ FICO score is now, not 5 points higher, set it at exactly what your current EQ FICO is, and you will be alerted of ANY changes to your score, it may take a day or two to get an alert of a score change, then again it could send you an alert right away. YMMV with SW Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 27
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Thanks Mustang

Yeppers I always keep it set to my exact score Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hoping2rebuild wrote:

Thanks Mustang

Yeppers I always keep it set to my exact score Smiley Happy

You're welcome, I hope you get a big score increase, please do keep this thread updated.

Hoping for a nice score increase for you Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Because there's no credit alert to trigger a score change, you'll now fall back on a score alert. With a score alert, your score is monitored every week or so for changes based off the target score. You'll get the alert provided you don't pull a new FICO report. I bet it'll be any day.

Message 5 of 27
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Because there's no credit alert to trigger a score change, you'll now fall back on a score alert. With a score alert, your score is monitored every week or so for changes based off the target score. You'll get the alert provided you don't pull a new FICO report. I bet it'll be any day.

I just got a credit alert on the 17th so  it might be a few days for the score alert.

The hard part is not buying another CR and Score to see what else may have changed.

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hoping2rebuild wrote:

@llecs wrote:

I just got a credit alert on the 17th so  it might be a few days for the score alert.

The hard part is not buying another CR and Score to see what else may have changed.

I hear that, I have no willpower at times when waiting for something to update, I've been known to be a bit excessive when it comes to pulling my reports, I'm sure MyFico loves me (from a business standpoint) I have spent a lot of money on reports since I joined this Forum 2/11. And I'm also a SW subscriber since 4/11.

But IMO, money well spent.

I'm looking forward to hearing the results from you

Message 7 of 27
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@hoping2rebuild wrote:

@llecs wrote:

I hear that, I have no willpower at times when waiting for something to update, I've been known to be a bit excessive when it comes to pulling my reports, I'm sure MyFico loves me (from a business standpoint) I have spent a lot of money on reports since I joined this Forum 2/11. And I'm also a SW subscriber since 4/11.

I went ahead and bought another scorewatch report and........NO CHANGE in the score Smiley Sad

I would have figured with a 6 mo old collection coming off I would have gotten something.

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hoping2rebuild wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@hoping2rebuild wrote:

@llecs wrote:

I went ahead and bought another scorewatch report and........NO CHANGE in the score Smiley Sad

I would have figured with a 6 mo old collection coming off I would have gotten something.

I would have figured such a new CA coming off would net you a nice score increase. Maybe a delay in FICO's scoring?

Hold hope, maybe in a few days you'll get an alert and see an increase.

A bit of a different experience I had with SW, I had two inq's fall off Sep 16th, I pulled my report the 17th (again did not wait for SW to alert me, I'm obsessed I know) both inq's were gone but no score increase, but about three days later I got an alert from SW, I logged in and my EQ went from 794 to 802, no other changes to my report, I have to assume the gain was from the inq's falling off and FICO took a few days to process my new score????

Message 9 of 27
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@hoping2rebuild wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@hoping2rebuild wrote:

@llecs wrote:

I would have figured such a new CA coming off would net you a nice score increase. Maybe a delay in FICO's scoring?

Hold hope, maybe in a few days you'll get an alert and see an increase.

A bit of a different experience I had with SW, I had two inq's fall off Sep 16th, I pulled my report the 17th (again did not wait for SW to alert me, I'm obsessed I know) both inq's were gone but no score increase, but about three days later I got an alert from SW, I logged in and my EQ went from 794 to 802, no other changes to my report, I have to assume the gain was from the inq's falling off and FICO took a few days to process my new score????

I hope it is just running behind Smiley Happy

but if not I am just happy this is GONE!!!!

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.