Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorewatch?

tag
CredHead
Established Member

Scorewatch?

I'm so confused about scorewatch. I called tech support and the woman there was very nice but she confused me even more. So last week I had some items update on my report that I know took place because I checked them through equifax. I recieved two score watch emails stating that nothing changed on my report or scorewise since these up dates. I thought myfi checked daily for adjustments which one was a closed account that updated after being dormant for awhile. And checked the score every seven to ten days. Which my score jumped 39 points. Should have gotten one for surpassing old score and another for the 620 mark. The lady at myfi said they only update for score every 30 days. Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Scorewatch?

Never heard of that. Now my EQ has been dormant for 2-3 months and stuck at the same score during that time (verified by 2-3 sources.....stupid rebucketing), but in the past I'd get updates every week or so and not 30 days. There have been several times where I received score alerts more than once per week if I had set my settings correctly per the target score.

What type of changes occurred to your EQ report?

Message 2 of 6
CredHead
Established Member

I had a few 120s removed and a collection. I was at 591, bought my score power report and it was 630. Never got the alert. ????
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Do you know which day they came off? The score is monitored every 7-10 days. That would be the only source of alert, unless the status changed on the TL with the 120s. You wouldn't get alerted to dropped baddies.

ETA...congrats on the success. I almost overlooked that part. WTG!

Message 4 of 6
CredHead
Established Member

I appreciate it Illecs. The only thing that gets me is I checked last monday at equifax website and the lates and the collection were gone. I was 591 before, then got my email today saying no change, pulled my powerreport later in the day and was 630. One alert settting is the mortgage rate ladder. Shoulda alerted when I hit 620. Ohh well, I guess I should be thankful. I started at myfi with a 546. Now a 630 in 5 months. Well worth the extra 13 bucks to see that. Still a ways to though
Message 5 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your score increase! 

So why wouldn't he have gotten an alert w/ a dropped "baddie" if his score went up and his score was set to his first score?  I'm confused on this, too.

How much is it to pull a new report, and how much is it to "Get today's score" - (including that we have scorewatch so it's 30 % off) ??

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.