tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scorewatch

thank you

Message 11 of 21
ktiptoe

Thanks Barry!  The new account isn't on there either...strange, but I guess it will pop up eventually.  But I also didn't realize that balance decreases would not trigger an alert.  But if they cause a score change, they should, right?  I always have my score alert set at my current score so that it would trigger an up or down score.  When I pulled it yesterday, my score had increased by 9 points.

Message 12 of 21
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@ktiptoe wrote:

Thanks Barry!  The new account isn't on there either...strange, but I guess it will pop up eventually.  But I also didn't realize that balance decreases would not trigger an alert.  But if they cause a score change, they should, right?  I always have my score alert set at my current score so that it would trigger an up or down score.  When I pulled it yesterday, my score had increased by 9 points.

Yes, a score change, regardless of the reason, will trigger an alert if it hits the target score you've set.  Good to hear your score is moving up! Of course, that may not continue to be the case when the new account appears, but you should be able to regain any lost points from that pretty quickly.  Smiley Wink

-Barry

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

MY scorewatch is acting weird as well. I reset my email to make sure that is not the issue. My last alert came 10-20 letting me know of a new inq but i still have no alerts showing the addition of several accounts that are already showing (and have been alerted to me) through my USAA monitoring service that looks at all three for changes.

I am just hoping that there was an issue with the email and that resetting it will help as many here have reported being asked to do. I know the accounts are there just no dice on an alertSmiley Sad

Love the product though

Message 14 of 21
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

MY scorewatch is acting weird as well. I reset my email to make sure that is not the issue. My last alert came 10-20 letting me know of a new inq but i still have no alerts showing the addition of several accounts that are already showing (and have been alerted to me) through my USAA monitoring service that looks at all three for changes.

I am just hoping that there was an issue with the email and that resetting it will help as many here have reported being asked to do. I know the accounts are there just no dice on an alertSmiley Sad

Love the product though

Hi Sdvivian,

So none of those new accounts were on your 10/20 report?  While your monitoring service looks at all three bureaus, I'm guessing they haven't appeared on EQ yet.  But let's find out.  We've added a free EQ report to your Score Watch so you can check.  If you pull a new EQ report and see any new accounts you haven't been alerted to, let me know.

-Barry

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

One new account of several did show when i pulled that report you gave me. My score went up one point as a result.I had it set to my exact score prior and it went up one point on the new report you gave me but i got no alerts. I guess scorewatch must have been bugged.

Not sure what the problem was. There should be several others showing up soon so im hoping to get alerts on those!

P.S. Thank you for the new report Barry, you have always been helpful with trying to get to the bottom of things. I have like 3 other new accounts as i recently went on my first spree after closing my first card (crap orchard bank) now its time to garden! i hope scorewatch will help me monitor it!

Message 16 of 21
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

One new account of several did show when i pulled that report you gave me. My score went up one point as a result.I had it set to my exact score prior and it went up one point on the new report you gave me but i got no alerts. I guess scorewatch must have been bugged.

Not sure what the problem was. There should be several others showing up soon so im hoping to get alerts on those!

P.S. Thank you for the new report Barry, you have always been helpful with trying to get to the bottom of things. I have like 3 other new accounts as i recently went on my first spree after closing my first card (crap orchard bank) now its time to garden! i hope scorewatch will help me monitor it!

Thanks for getting back to me on this, Sdvivian.  I've referred this to our tech folks to investigate, as you clearly had a new account post to your EQ report without an alert being triggered.  We've added another free report as a courtesy.  Let me know if your other new accounts show up and you still don't get a SW alert.
-Barry

Message 17 of 21
pcarey

My score increased by 82 points and I didn't receive a single alert during that period.  I had to use my second scorewatch to see my score.  I set my monitoring score to my original score (673).  It is now 755  which is great but surely I should have received some sort of email?  Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong or is the service not working correctly

Thanks

Piers

Message 18 of 21
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@pcarey wrote:

My score increased by 82 points and I didn't receive a single alert during that period.  I had to use my second scorewatch to see my score.  I set my monitoring score to my original score (673).  It is now 755  which is great but surely I should have received some sort of email?  Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong or is the service not working correctly

Thanks

Piers

Hi pcarey,
It looks like you might have set your target score too high back on 10/11 and then adjusted it to a score lower than your real score on 10/28, before pulling your score on 11/1 and (correctly) setting your target score to that 11/1 score.  We've added a free report with the suggestion that immediately after pulling it you reset your target to that score.  Sorry you haven't received an alert yet but hang in there. Nice score increase, btw. Smiley Wink
-Barry

Message 19 of 21
pcarey

Thanks Barry.  So just to be clear I should always set my scorewatch score to my current score right after pulling the report?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.