Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seems like I always...

tag
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

Seems like I always...

...have to buy a score power report in order to receive a score watch alert? I knew there was a change in my score because of a change that occurred earlier this week to my credit reports so I went ahead and purchased a score power report since I hadn't received an alert from SW. 30 mins after purchasing the score power report, SW then sends me an alert that my score has changed. Why couldn't I get that alert before paying another $10.95? SW isn't working as advertised.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Seems like I always...

iamrayl wrote:
...have to buy a score power report in order to receive a score watch alert? I knew there was a change in my score because of a change that occurred earlier this week to my credit reports so I went ahead and purchased a score power report since I hadn't received an alert from SW. 30 mins after purchasing the score power report, SW then sends me an alert that my score has changed. Why couldn't I get that alert before paying another $10.95? SW isn't working as advertised.

Hi iamrayl --

While I can understand why it must seem that you're having to pull a new Equifax report to get an alert, this would have to be more of a coincidence than anything.  There is no relationship between ordering a report and an alert being triggered.  Keep in mind that a score alert can take up to 10 days after the change before you get it.

You may want to hold off from buying new reports for a few weeks to see if you still get alerts.  If not, and you believe you should have received an alert, contact myFICO customer support and they should be able to investigate for you.

Thanks for posting and let us know how it goes....
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.