Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sham Offers from myfico

tag
Axcess02
New Visitor

Sham Offers from myfico

I am trying to lease a house and the owner insisted on a myfico.com fico report.  So when I filled out the form it claims you get a free FICO report, if you cancel within 10 days.  Well, it's a sham.  I joined and followed the instructions filling out the credit card payment form page only to not be able to get my report.  When I logged in and clicked on the link for the report it sent me back to the same credit card form page.  So I filled it in AGAIN> still wouldn't work.

I sent a scathing demand to not charge my credit card to support, that I wanted nothing to do with myfico.com.  Now wait and see.  I bet their will be a charge on my Visa and I will go through a bunch of crap with the bank getting the money back.

creditkarma.com is a much better site and doesn't charge anything, though your credit information is from TransUnion only which is the more-liberal source.  You are far better off if you want your credit report by going to experiandirect.com any paying for it directly from the source.  At least they won't try and hook you into an on-going billing program in order to access your REAL credit information.

All I can is, "buyer be ware".

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sham Offers from myfico

@Axcess02 wrote:

I am trying to lease a house and the owner insisted on a myfico.com fico report.  So when I filled out the form it claims you get a free FICO report, if you cancel within 10 days.  Well, it's a sham.  I joined and followed the instructions filling out the credit card payment form page only to not be able to get my report.  When I logged in and clicked on the link for the report it sent me back to the same credit card form page.  So I filled it in AGAIN> still wouldn't work.

I sent a scathing demand to not charge my credit card to support, that I wanted nothing to do with myfico.com.  Now wait and see.  I bet their will be a charge on my Visa and I will go through a bunch of crap with the bank getting the money back.

creditkarma.com is a much better site and doesn't charge anything, though your credit information is from TransUnion only which is the more-liberal source.  You are far better off if you want your credit report by going to experiandirect.com any paying for it directly from the source.  At least they won't try and hook you into an on-going billing program in order to access your REAL credit information.

It is true that you can get scores from CK and you can buy a score from EX, directly from the source.  Difference is, I can get my score from my pet Beagle, and just as many creditors are going to use that score. 

All I can is, "buyer be ware".

I do understand there has been several instances of problems with ordering.  We mods and CLs have absolutely nothing to do with that aspect, we pay for ours the same as everyone else.

Hopefully you won't be billed and it works out.  Sorry you had to go through all that.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Sham Offers from myfico

I'm quite positive your order didn't go through. The charge may show up as pending your credit card but will vanish in a couple of days. If not, well, there is a reason you use credit cards - file a dispute! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.