cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shouldn't this trigger a Score Watch credit alert?

tag
wilee
Contributor

Shouldn't this trigger a Score Watch credit alert?

I posted in the credit card section about my Radio Shack card falling off all 3 of my reports. I called Equifax and they said it fell off because it hadn't been updated since 1998. I've used the card a few times over the last 10 years, but haven't carried a balance. I charged $35 and only paid the minimum on the January statement, and the account showed up on EX on Feb 18th, TU on the 21st, and EQ on the 24th. (Daily pulls from CreditCheckTotal is how I got the dates)

The account was opened in 95 and had previously reported so I guess it's not technically a new account, but it wasn't on my report in January and is now. I thought I would've at the very least seen a change in status credit alert from Score Watch. Maybe Score Watch is just that slow to update and I'll still get an alert???

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shouldn't this trigger a Score Watch credit alert?

I don't think you would get an alert for something dropping off. If something new was added, yes, but not for dropping off. Unless it affected your average age of accounts or something and it sensed a change there, like your age was shorter and therefore hurting you.
Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

As mentioned, TLs dropping off wouldn't trigger an alert, but I don't know about accounts re-added.
Message 3 of 8
wilee
Contributor

Yeah, I know there wouldn't be an alert for it dropping off. I think that happened back in November.

I did expect a new account alert since it hasn't been on there for about 3 months and just showed up on my EQ report this week.

Message 4 of 8
wilee
Contributor

UpUpUp wrote: ......If something new was added, yes, but not for dropping off......

It is new to my credit report this month. 

Message 5 of 8
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

wilee wrote:

I posted in the credit card section about my Radio Shack card falling off all 3 of my reports. I called Equifax and they said it fell off because it hadn't been updated since 1998. I've used the card a few times over the last 10 years, but haven't carried a balance. I charged $35 and only paid the minimum on the January statement, and the account showed up on EX on Feb 18th, TU on the 21st, and EQ on the 24th. (Daily pulls from CreditCheckTotal is how I got the dates)

The account was opened in 95 and had previously reported so I guess it's not technically a new account, but it wasn't on my report in January and is now. I thought I would've at the very least seen a change in status credit alert from Score Watch. Maybe Score Watch is just that slow to update and I'll still get an alert???

Hello wilee....You should have received an alert if the Radio Shack account was off your report for some time and then re-added. You may want to pull a new Equifax report through Score Watch to make sure it is, in fact, on your Equifax report.

A free report has been added to your Score Watch subscription for this purpose. If you see the account back on there and have still not received an alert, let us know and we can check with Equifax, as they provide the credit monitoring for this product.
Message 6 of 8
wilee
Contributor

@Barry wrote:

Hello wilee....You should have received an alert if the Radio Shack account was off your report for some time and then re-added. You may want to pull a new Equifax report through Score Watch to make sure it is, in fact, on your Equifax report.

A free report has been added to your Score Watch subscription for this purpose. If you see the account back on there and have still not received an alert, let us know and we can check with Equifax, as they provide the credit monitoring for this product.

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the reply. I just pulled the Equifax report with Score Watch and the Radio Shack account is showing. It has now updated to the end of February balance. I still haven't received a credit alert...

Message 7 of 8
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

wilee wrote:

@Barry wrote:

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the reply. I just pulled the Equifax report with Score Watch and the Radio Shack account is showing. It has now updated to the end of February balance. I still haven't received a credit alert...

Hi wilee....I referred this incident to our tech team. I don't know exactly how SW determines that an account is new, other than it's an account that wasn't appearing previously. I'll report back here when I find out more.

Sorry for the problem. We've added another free Equifax report to your SW. Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.