Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sniff....MyFico kicked me out of SW subscription today :(

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Sniff....MyFico kicked me out of SW subscription today :(

Long story short. Signed up for SW trial in November, then saw the promo offer for 99.95$/ yr but was not eligible to sign up because of being in a score watch trial subscription already and this was for NEW customer only. After two attempts calling in to get this offer and being declined I finally called to cancel my subscription to become eligible for future offers again. At that time (early January) I got the offer to continue 9.95$ /mo which was fine for me but did not realize what a nightmare this would be for billing every month. Calling from Europe to this toll free number is not free. In February and March I spent 15-20$ each time to call in to find out that they cannot charge my credit card. Why? Customer service did not know.

In the meantime I did find out myself. Using secure online numbers valid for 1 merchant only does not work for MyFico because they process payments every month under a different merchant account number. February charge was MYFICO.COM and March attempt was under MYFICOCOM  …so the difference is a small (.) dot which prevents the monthly charges on the secure Discover number!  Without prior warning MyFico has obviously cancelled my subscription in the meantime as on my account page it shows as of today  “you have no recent Equifax scores” and the trial membership is open to sign up again…weird…but I did go ahead and signed up for the trial again and thought I could get the service back up while trying to sort out the payment issues again. But even though I got the welcome message the service is not working again. I guess the system knows that I was a SW subscriber until yesterday..so trial membership today is not allowed. And it shows now 14.95$ / mo instead of 9.95$ / mo..huhhhh I need to get that off again.

MyFico kicked me out of SW because they cannot process secure online card numbers and do not even know about it or why.  Took me a while to figure out why both ShopSafe (BofA) and Discover (secure online number) both did not pass the 2nd monthly charges! It is because MyFico randomly uses different accounts to process their fees and this cannot be done with secure numbers…..it has to stay the same merchant for recurrent charges on secure online numbers!

If you do not want to lose your subscription (if you have a special rate) – do NOT use secure online numbers or you will end up like me…out of SW subscription. Sad as I love the service and all it allows me on now is 14.95$ which I will now have to cancel immediately.  Just would wish MyFico would not have been so stubborn and allowed me to sign up for that yearly promo in December.  All billing issues would not exist for a full year! Well after kicking me out I might be eligible for the next yearly subscription offer... who knows? I cannot afford to call from Europe every month and wait to speak to someone for 30-40 minutes….calls are not free from outside the US to US toll free numbers and there is no way to get someone on the line in less time Smiley Mad

Result: SW = great / Administration: a nightmare especially billing and customer service not reachable in reasonable amount of time...fastest to get through 20 minutes and longest 40+minutes and had to hang up again as phone charges getting to high....

Hope there will be a solution one day to get on the yearly promo plan - waiting for a new offer and I am the first one to sign up again. Love the product Smiley Happy Hate the monthly billing issues!

MyFicoTrial.png

and this is what I get now ?? Last night it still showed 782 and the full score history and 1 power report left...today all gone !

MyFicoScoremissing.png

And not to mention the lost Score Power report I intended to use later on this year Smiley Sad ...at least a prior warning to pull my report could have been done before kicking me out of subcription ?? !!!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Sniff....MyFico kicked me out of SW subscription today :(

Wow..

That really sucks....maybe one of the admins here (Barry / Sarah) can help you out on It. You cant just use your CC number Instead of a secured?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@LS ..if not for the help of Discover I would still not know why my 9.95$ did not pass on 23MAR Smiley Happy  MyFico customer service rep did not react when I mentioned that this was a secure online number. She escalated a case to ask if I could switch to the yearly plan and promised me a reply in 2-3 business days and this was 14+ days ago. This was offered to avoid the monthly expensive calls from Europe. But I never heard anything anymore and since it is getting really expensive to hold from Europe on that 800 number I did not call back anymore and patiently waited for the result to this case. I guess I got my answer the hard way now and even on a week-end  Smiley Sad 

If you ever see a promo for the yearly subscription like that 99.95$ offer they had in December - please let me know - I will sign up instantly again  as I do love the product but the monthly billing is a hassle because you cannot reach anybody on the phone no matter what time I try to call. And believe me  I am quite flexible with +9 hrs from Europe. Just after 30 minutes at the normal per minute call rates Europe - USA I have to hang up again...not knowing if I would ever get someone on the line and charges accumulating on my phone bill.

Will miss the service in the next couple of months and get used to it later on as I have lived without it for many years. Not really necessary for me but I found it quite an interesting tool to see if I could get to 800 scores...game over now.

Message 3 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

MyFicoScoreWatchBilling.png

Message 4 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Does anybody have a contact of higher management for MyFico?  Emails to support/customer service end in the nirwana..... first mail 23MAR, promised an answer in 3-5 business days - nothing yet....2nd attempt 13APR see above promise again and today 22APR and still nothing.....looks that MyFico administration / billing department is the most chaotic company/service I have ever experienced ....and I would love to subscribe to SW but I guess they do not need customers ???They kick them out!   I would have loved to keep  the service but would now like to ask what other CMS can be recommended as it looks I will never get SW to work again or even get an answer from MyFico....this is absolutely weak service Smiley Sad....empty robotic answers and then nothing anymore for months????

Message 5 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

UPDATE:

In the meantime I found out that the same product (Score Watch) is also available from Equifax so I called them yesterday and explained that I had the promo rate of 9.95$ from MyFico and Equifax was nice to match it temporarily until 23JUN. (2 months) SW up and running again since 24APR...cool.. So I hope in the next two months there will be a promo for the annual subscription coming up..whichever is first Equifax or MyFico  I will take it and sign up for the yearly service. If I can keep Equifax SW for 9.95$ then I will be very happy too Smiley Happy  Equifax customer service is instantly reachable on the phone...less than 30 seconds compared to 20-40 minutes hold on MyFico. The Equifax interface is very nice too.  Also it looks that billing is no problem with them. CC work just fine..never any issue in the past. Looking forward now to compare SW Equifax to SW MyFico for the next two months.

Message 6 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

MyFicoScoreWatchBilling.png

Reminder sent via support link to ask when I could expect an anwer from MyFico ??  Smiley Sad This was promised on 13APR and today 26APR still nothing!

Message 7 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

wow....after 13 days I actually did get an answer but..... ???

Hello

This is with regard to your Customer Portal registration request. we are unable to register you to support since the product does not have active or paid maintenance. Request you to please contact your fico representative .

regards,

xxxx

ref:_00D0052aJ._50080O6qh3:ref

This is what I finally got as reply from MyFico from the first post. 

shaking my head !

Message 8 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Contact Us – More Information | myFICO

Your message has been sent to myFICO Customer Service. We normally respond within 24 hours, during regular business days.

another attempt...wonder if this can work as the reply 3-5 business days from above has in the meantime gone to 13+ days and still nothing??

Message 9 of 13
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I had to call this morning cause score watch was not updating for me for over a month. She gave me a free power score and sure enough I had updated TL's with lower util and collections removed but no updates for over a month. I'm cancelling SW in 2 weeks before I get hit with a auto renewal. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.