cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I just talked with myFICO about the lag in showing score improvement..

tag
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

So I just talked with myFICO about the lag in showing score improvement..

I just talked with myFICO my concern over a lack of score increase after having all but one negative item removed on my TU report and was advised that I will get a new score update in 30 to 45 days!!  Now while I realise that myFICO can't control when TU sends an updated score, does anyone else feel discouraged after purchamsing the 19.95 monthly monitoring service? 

I would be less put off, if it weren't for all the different answers floating about the forum, as to why this is or if it will change moving forward.  If anyone has any other info regarding this problem, please do share.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ebf156
Valued Member

Re: So I just talked with myFICO about the lag in showing score improvement..

they have some kind of problem they just wont say mabye this new product still has bugs to be worked out. my problems started weeks ago i found my eq score watch was not updating i called they said there was a glitch in system but its fixed now i opted to go with the new 3 score watch while i had him on the phone then i found a week later that was not up dating so i bought my reports and guess what my scores took a major jump no alerts no change in scores after spending 60 that i should have not spent. i called they tell me i jumped the gun and pulled to soon thats wrong because the change happend and nothing in my account reflected the change untill i bought reports and still to this day never got alerts for those changes. whats up

Message 2 of 9
dave36021
Regular Contributor

I have only had the credit monitoring for two weeks and I have seen my scores go up and down a few times already due to account balances and account information. I did get a judgement removed and did not get any type of alert about it being removed but I did see a 41 point increase when the balance from a CC went down $40 so I think that the removed judgement had something to do with such a huge increase

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 3 of 9
kjel
Established Contributor

@daddiggingout wrote:

I just talked with myFICO my concern over a lack of score increase after having all but one negative item removed on my TU report and was advised that I will get a new score update in 30 to 45 days!!  Now while I realise that myFICO can't control when TU sends an updated score, does anyone else feel discouraged after purchamsing the 19.95 monthly monitoring service? 

I would be less put off, if it weren't for all the different answers floating about the forum, as to why this is or if it will change moving forward.  If anyone has any other info regarding this problem, please do share.

It can be frustrating but you have to be patient. Easier said than done! Seriously though, myFICO has zero control over when each CRA updates as well as when your creditors update to the CRAs. I've found that most items do update within 30 days, but some do take 45-60 days.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 4 of 9
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Then why do credit karma and credit sesame, and card based scores, reports update at least weekly? They have some deal with TU and EX that myfico doesn't? If that's the case, then it's more about monetary policy than actual score policy. AND, you neglected to notice that purchasing individual reports and scores gives accurate data.

The myfico csr response of 30 to 45 days is new, before - it was 24 to 72 hours lag time for TU and experian. They are trying to stop the rash of chargebacks and cancellations noted in the product forum. I've been following this since aug, when I heard of the report, and wondered if you only got one report per year (yes) vs the two reports on score watch. The folks were very excited in the beginning, now are getting permission to downgrade back to score watch, even the $9.95 plans are being reinstated.

Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moved to MyFICO Product forum

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 9
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

I have been extremely disappointed with the new product. I wish I had just kept my old EQ SW. I have not gotten anything with TU and I know I had some major changes to my account with EQ and still nothing is updating!  The only updates I have received are a couple of utilization changes but nothing with the major changes.

Extremely disappointing.  They rolled it out too soon!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 7 of 9
taj_laneal
New Contributor

I just spoke to someone at myfico as well about my TU not updating.  I've had the service since 09.30.14 and have not received any updates from TU, even though 2 collections were deleted and one account balance was decreased.  I asked why I got alerts and updates on CK and was told that myfico can't control when TU sends them informaiton.  I said, "So, it's 2-bureau monitoring, then?" 

Is it a TU thing or a myfico thing?  I think it's a myfico thing, and it's getting frustrating.  I was considering buying a TU score from this site, but that would mean spending more money and not getting what I originally paid for.

Starting Score: 09/14 EQ 596 TU 587 EX 588
Current Score: 11/14 EQ 670
TU 602 (CK VantageScore 688)
EX 656

Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I don't understand is that this is a monitoring product.  They shouldnt be waiting for the bureaus to send them updates - they (MyFico) should be the ones refreshing it daily and detecting changes.  I get an alert within hours of a change on Equifax and TransUnion's monitoring products and so far I am disappointed in this 3 bureau monitoring product.  Plus the information on your CURRENT score is what you should be seeing - not the breakdown from the report you got when you first subscribed.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.