Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So frustrated with Score Watch and customer service

tag
Juniper117
Contributor

So frustrated with Score Watch and customer service

I've subscribed to Score Watch for ages, but I was always a bit confused about when it updated. It seemed like it was delayed, but it happened eventually. Last month, I was careful to set my target score just one point higher than my current score. My score went up 25 points and I NEVER got an alert. I even got several alerts since then saying "no changes this week" and one alerting me to a change on my report- a new inquiry.

I emailed customer service and they said that Score Watch just scans every 7-10 days. is that true?? And even if it was, why didn't I get an update then?? They refused to refund any of the price of the score I had to purchase.

I had to buy my score because I'm close to getting a mortgage. I subscribed to this so I would know when my score changed, not just when the program decides to send me an alert. I feel like I've paid a lot of money for nothing Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So frustrated with Score Watch and customer service

I have been feeling the same as of late. I know a new account is reporting and my score has changed due to lower AAOA I think it is broken again. It takes great discipline on my part to not click the  score power report button.

TBC

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So frustrated with Score Watch and customer service

@Juniper117 wrote:

I've subscribed to Score Watch for ages, but I was always a bit confused about when it updated. It seemed like it was delayed, but it happened eventually. Last month, I was careful to set my target score just one point higher than my current score. My score went up 25 points and I NEVER got an alert. I even got several alerts since then saying "no changes this week" and one alerting me to a change on my report- a new inquiry.

I emailed customer service and they said that Score Watch just scans every 7-10 days. is that true?? And even if it was, why didn't I get an update then?? They refused to refund any of the price of the score I had to purchase.

I had to buy my score because I'm close to getting a mortgage. I subscribed to this so I would know when my score changed, not just when the program decides to send me an alert. I feel like I've paid a lot of money for nothing Smiley Sad

Hi Juniper117,

I really think that you'll get better results if you set your target score to your *current* score, not one point above. On occasions when your score updates, reset your target score to that *current* score-- not a little more or less, exactly what your current score is. So, now that you've got a 25 point increase (CONGRATS, btw!), reset your target score to your *current* score. Doing this (as oposed to setting it higher/lower) will allow you to receive an alert for any score change, up or down.

It might also help to read the Score Watch Guide, if you haven't done so already. It's got a nifty table to tell you what changes/events do and don't trigger an alert. For example (excerpted from the SW Guide):

Reasons why you may not receive a Score Watch alert

Changes that don’t trigger Score Alerts or Credit Alerts:

• A balance decrease won’t trigger a Credit Alert.
  • The removal of an item from the credit report will not trigger a Credit Alert.
  • During the 7-10 days between Score Alert checks (when there are no Credit Alerts), the score can change multiple times between these Score Alert checks and the monitoring system won’t be aware of them – resulting in some score changes occurring without Score Alerts being generated.
  • Changes that that are not specifically listed in the table below will not trigger an alert.

I hope this helps a bit! And congrats, again, on the 25 point gain! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.