Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So you think Score Watch is working - prove it to me

tag
tradeforcash
Established Member

Re: So you think Score Watch is working - prove it to me

unfortunately, Scorewatch only seems to be working for a few people and Midnight....

I have TC, and watched my util drop, and added a new BoA account, plus an inquiry....

And my score did go up by 17.....EQ

I have my scorewatch set to alert me if the sun comes up in the morning, but nothing so far.....

Of course I used my 2nd free update to confirm this....

oh well...

Message Edited by tradeforcash on 06-12-2008 11:07 AM
2/08 TU-654/EQ-656/EX-643
4/08 TU-653/EQ-659/EX-650
6/08 TU-711/EQ-679/EX-679
Almost to all 700 club
Message 21 of 38
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Have you guys tried setting your target score to your current score?  I was skeptical and thought ScoreWatch wasn't working at all.  Didnt receive a single update since signing up over a 3 week period.  Then I set the target score for my current score and gave it 3 days and got an update, then reset it again to my current score and got another update 2 days later.  One update was an inquiry, the other a new account posted.  It may be a coincidence, but give it a shot.  The updates seemed to be fairly timely, less than a day behind CreditSecure's alerts.

Now I'm torn, I kinda want to watch my EQ score with scorewatch, since it's my lowest and see all my reports with creditsecure, but I can't afford that.  I can't decide which is more valuable to me, one real score or three fake ones (or three reports, rather, with no score).

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 38
marty56
Super Contributor

That used to work.   It hasnt worked for me since early May.  I just got a new autoloan so  we will se ewhen it reports if I get an alert.

It would bug me a lot more if I dont get an alert on a new account since that could be bad news when new accounts show up in terms of ID theft.  I can will without the score alerts (when they incrase that is).
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 23 of 38
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

Customer service gave me a new scorepower, earlier this week. I pulled it and it had the new information, and immediately I was given a SW alert about the changes... Today I received an alert about a status change, looks like they needed to jumpstart it or something.

If you haven't contacted myfico customer service yet about your SW subscription I suggest you do it.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

ChuckG wrote:
Customer service gave me a new scorepower, earlier this week. I pulled it and it had the new information, and immediately I was given a SW alert about the changes... Today I received an alert about a status change, looks like they needed to jumpstart it or something.

Even after I pulled my new scorepower report, I did not get an alert. So, that seems inconsistent, too. Smiley Indifferent
Message 25 of 38
marty56
Super Contributor

I just got a Score Watch alert from the INQ when I bought my car.  I guess I just proved it too myself.

Would you like some humble pie with that crow Marty.

Message Edited by marty56 on 06-15-2008 12:48 PM
Message 26 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it still isn't working for me if it makes you feel any better in terms of eating crow. But glad it seems to be working for you again.
Message 27 of 38
marty56
Super Contributor

UpUpUp wrote:
Well it still isn't working for me if it makes you feel any better in terms of eating crow. But glad it seems to be working for you again.

Dont get me wrong, Score Watch is still in the dog house with me since it missed several score changes but at least it sent me an alert for an avent that is probably more important thn the score changes it missed.

I wonder if Score Watch uses a timestamp on when you change the parameters and if so maybe changing a aparamtere to the same value and save the changes has some effect.
Message 28 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know about the timestamp idea, but that's not a bad theory.

I did just get off the phone with myFico again and they told just leave on the alert that says to let you know when there are ANY changes to your score and to turn off the alert where you type in saying to let you know when your score reaches a target of XYZ. She said they just received an email from their technical department saying that they do not know why, but having both alerts on seems to cancel out the score watching alerts. Hopefully this will fix the problem. It makes sense when you think about it. We all know how computers are and in a way, we are giving the computers 2 different sets of instructions for one scenario. It probably gets confused and that's where the problems occur...

IF this works, it would make sense that you rec'd an update notifying you of your inquiry but not for your scores. So those of you that are getting some alerts but not anything for your scores, try this...

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 06-16-2008 10:23 AM
Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow up:  I just received my first ever scorewatch alert.  It showed an inquiry from 6/13 AND my score increase from 6/14. So perhaps that really was the problem.  For all of you who are having problems try adjusting your alert settings as I mentioned above.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 06-17-2008 12:50 PM
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.