Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something funky going on?

tag
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Something funky going on?

I just logged into myFICO. I thought my EQ FICO has gone up because it gave me 766 as my FICO. Then I noticed that under the FICO it gives the date 9/2/09 and the score says "over one month old."

My FICO dropped on 10/21/09 to 755 because of an inquiry. I thought I'd gone back up, but then I noticed it was an old score presenting.

What is happening?

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Something funky going on?

I'm having the same problem - I got a SW alert yesterday morning indicating that my score had dropped to 785.  When I logged on yesterday, the front page correctly showed the 785 with the 10/31 date.  But this morning it shows the 796 from 10/19, when I last pulled my score.

I'm waiting until tomorrow to see if it self-corrects.

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem.  Usually it posted the latest score from SW, but a few days ago it went to the last report score.  More interesting is my score; like all other forums, i've set it to the lowest possible so it will trigger whenever something happens.  This morning (like 10 mins ago) I got an email from SW saying No Score Watch(TM) alerts this month.  Knowing something must've happened since my report should be clean [no inquiries and high balances].  I just couldn't bear to know that my score didn't change for a month!  So I paid for a report for $10.95 and instantly my score changed from 710 to 759!  I don't know if something is wrong with score watch or if something else happened... Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 34
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You don't want to set your target to "the lowest possible." If you do that, it won't trigger an alert if your score goes up.

Think of your target score as being like those magnetic sensors under the roadbed at traffic lights. They only work if you land on them or cross them. If you never cross them, as in having a target set lower than your current score, and your score goes up, they'll never trigger an alert. Or light change.

Sorry, my simile is getting away from me. Smiley Tongue

At any rate, set your target score to your current score, 759 in your case. That way, whether your score goes up or down, you should get an alert.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks hauiling for your reply... by setting to the lowest i meant...

*  Whenever your FICO® score reaches a target score of 710
    * Whenever one of your accounts has a balance increase larger than 5%
    * Whenever one of your accounts has a balance increase larger than $5
    * Whenever one of your accounts shows new activity after being inactive for more than 3 months

I did use my current score for the first setting...

Message 5 of 34
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh, OK, gotcha.

There are plenty of times that SW just kinda doesn't work. Smiley Tongue

That's odd, though, what OP posted about a different report and score displaying. A whole new strange behavior from our old friend.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 34
moonman
Frequent Contributor

there is something going on because I subscribe to scorewatch and when i logged in my score has a score from three months ago(with the date at the bottom)  plus it says buy current score. now when i click on the scorewatch link below it,It shows my current score but not at the top when you first log in..must be some kind of glitch or something
Message 7 of 34
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Is this issue going to be fixed?

I still have an old FICO score showing on my page when I log in, even though I have been alerted with updated scores.

Can someone PLEASE let us know what is going on?

Message 8 of 34
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

An administrator has been alerted.
Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me. I went on mini app spree and figured that my score would drop some. When I logged in to myfico, EQ score shown was 555!! I was morified, b./c last score from 10/29/09 was 606. I was like wow 50+ points just for inq. Then I noticed the date under score which was 6/4/09! It said to buy today's score (over 4 months old). This made me feel a little better, but there is clearly something wrong with SW right now. I have added a few TL and paid off loans, but I am getting nothing! Please fix this poroblem, so that I can know my REAL score. :-)

Thanks, 

Jelly 

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.