Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suze FICO Kit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suze FICO Kit

Hi,

Does anybody use this kit? Is it a good kit? I have the coupon for 20 percent off... it says the kit is good for a year, does that mean it updates your scores everytime you log in? For example if I buy the kit today and get my scores today in three months will my scores be different when I look at them again? (Like the TransUnion qurterly monitoring one does)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mberry117
Regular Contributor

Re: Suze FICO Kit

I bought it, and I'm not impressed.  Will not buy again. The info you get with the kit you can get here from the forums.  I think you get 3 reports with your kit and thats it.
HTH

Michelle
Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion 704 Date: 5/11/11
Equifax 666 Date: 5/11/11

Message 2 of 7
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

Yeh, It's not worth it. I think its a waste to time and money. I wish I could get my money back.Smiley Mad
6/20/08 TU=553 EQ=577 EX=458
07/16/08 TU=599 EQ=621 EX= 556
8/05/08 TU=632 EQ=652 EX=598, 9/30/08 TU=632 EQ=655 EX=616
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just bought it today myself. Not much experience with it although it does seem reasonably useful. I only got 10% off - go figure/story of my life. Don't think it updates credit scores, though it does project where they will be at certain milestones if you follow the plan... this way myfico can continue to make money off you every time you want to see what your score is presently.
Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The advantage of the Suze kit to me is that you can choose to look at all three (EQ, TU, and EX) at the same time, stagger them out, or just look at EX twice and TU once, or TU three times over a period of months, or whatever. Plus they display for a year, unlike Credit Standard and Credit Secure Complete, which go poof after 30 days. Smiley Mad

None of these scores update periodically, except Scorewatch in a sorta, asterisk-filled way. (They send alerts when there have been score changes, although you have to tweak it a bit to make sure the alerts come.)

And FWIW, myFICO has to pay the credit bureaus when we pull our scores. That's where the scores are cranked. So it's not like all our money goes to myFICO. That's why they can't package an affordable all-FICO monitoring service.

As I recall, buying your full reports directly from the credit bureaus runs $10 - $12. And with TU and EX, they'll try to sell you their FAKO score.

edit to add: I have never once bothered to look at the advice on Suze. And it's maddening to find where the EQ and TU simulators are hidden. I just like the long display period and the flexibility of choosing which report to pull when.

Message Edited by Timothy on 08-26-2008 08:04 PM

edit to add some more: thanks for the catch, Timothy! No idea where that "Secure" came from. Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 08-29-2008 03:55 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
want2b_800s
Contributor

I'd only buy it if it tells what Suze's fico is and then only if she's an 830+. I've spent so much money on all this stuff (and even bought the myfico/12).

If I had it to do all over again, I would have just read the boards here for free, took the fico gods' advice and rechecked my scores in a month or two. My cc util would at least be less if I had done that. I chalk it all up to learning though.

I would recommend holding off on the buy and seeing what you can do here first. Good luck!
Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@want2b_800s wrote:
I'd only buy it if it tells what Suze's fico is and then only if she's an 830+. I've spent so much money on all this stuff (and even bought the myfico/12).

If I had it to do all over again, I would have just read the boards here for free, took the fico gods' advice and rechecked my scores in a month or two. My cc util would at least be less if I had done that. I chalk it all up to learning though.

I would recommend holding off on the buy and seeing what you can do here first. Good luck!

The only thing I would add to that great advice is that I don't know how many times I've read posts by members wishing that they'd known their scores from when they first started here. I still have my old EQ scores because of SW, but my EX and TU scores are lost in the mists of time, as I didn't know how to save them.

So there might be something to be said for buying all three now through Big White Teeth Lady (so that they will continue to display), and then not again until you're pretty sure that you've moved a good ways on down the road.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.