Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU FICO completely locked--- why?

tag
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

TU FICO completely locked--- why?

this seems to be an ongoing issue for me. I have emailed customer support too many times to count asking why my TransUnion FICO is completely locked..I can't order it or sign up for quarterly monitoring. I have no idea what the problem is, and every email I get back from customer support says the same old generic "you need to contact transunion directly..." I have done that several times and they always tell me the same thing---they have no idea. I can order my TransUnion report directly from TransUnion so what could possibly be the problem here? Very frustrated and I haven't been able to check my TU score since March 2009....anyone know what the problem could be? I'm about to cancel my  eq score watch service if I don't get this fixed soon....it doesn't work very well, anyhow..
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: TU FICO completely locked--- why?

Hello mgs2010....myFICO customer service tells me you can no longer order TU products from myFICO due to repeated ordering of FICO Quarterly Monitoring and then canceling a few days later. This is considered abuse of the system and has resulted in you being locked out of the TU order process.

You also ordered Score Watch and canceled it the same day this past July, although you later reordered and have kept it.

Care to share why you would order these products, get the report and score, and then immediately cancel, as you've done on 4 separate occasions during the past year?

Message 2 of 4
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

I was never once notified of a minimum 3 month subscription to any service. Had I known that I wouldn't have cancelled. I was never notified of a minimum 3 month subsription even in the email responses from customer support when I cancelled. Obviously, I figured it was an easy way to get the reports for less money...but I certainly wouldn't have done so knowing that a 3 month minimum was required. Perhaps the customer support department should have notified me of this the FIRST time I cancelled...look back at the responses I received when I cancelled...nowhere is that fact mentioned.
Message 3 of 4
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

While you were notified of the 3-month minimum on the myFICO site prior to each purchase, you're absolutely right that customer service should have advised you of the 3-month minimum and required that you wait 3 months before canceling. This has been brought to their attention, as you make a very good point. Smiley Happy

ETA: I just found out I was wrong about the 3-month minimum. I was mixing FQM up with Score Watch, which has such a minimum to kkep people from paying for one month, getting a report and score, and canceling. There is no such requirement for FQM, but as you've seen, customer service will lock you out if they feel you're "abusing" the system. Smiley Sad
Message Edited by Barry on 12-21-2009 01:35 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.