Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks myFICO!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks myFICO!

I am new to myFICO, but am learning new things daily.  I am getting ready to buy a house and this is a wonderful tool to help me.  Since I am so new, I have only gotten two alerts, BUT THANK GOODNESS FOR THEM BECAUSE THEY ALERTED ME TO SOMETHING ON MY CREDIT THAT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THERE!!! 

I received alerts on two different days about hard inquiries on my credit and if I had not had myFICO alerts, I would not have known and my FICO score would have dropped.  It really isn't much, but every little bit helps.  I was alerted to two inquiries and when I checked them out, I discovered that THEY WERE NOT MINE.  I knew myself that I had not applied for credit so I was anxious all weekend waiting to make the call Monday morning. 

This was a person who has a Figi's account or was applying for an account.  When I called Figi's this morning I found out after quite a while on the phone with them that this was a Figi's error.  I live in an apartment complex and apparently there is another person in this complex (hence similar address) with the same name as mine (a pretty common name).  Not sure of all the details, waiting on them to call me back.  I just want the inquiries removed!!!  Maybe they'll send me FREE CHEESE AND SAUSAGE for my trouble.... LOL  

Anyway, THANKS FOR THE ALERT, MYFICO!!!   Good job....

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thanks myFICO!

Figi's just called me back and they say that they are going to explain to Equifax what happened.  I am concerned, though, because if the inquiries do not come off and I file a dispute will that affect my score, or put a freeze on my credit bureaus?   UGH.... Will myFICO alert me to the two incorrect inquiries coming off?????

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Thanks myFICO!

Focused48 wrote:

Figi's just called me back and they say that they are going to explain to Equifax what happened.  I am concerned, though, because if the inquiries do not come off and I file a dispute will that affect my score, or put a freeze on my credit bureaus?   UGH.... Will myFICO alert me to the two incorrect inquiries coming off?????

SW won't alert you to these inquiries coming off, only being added. Your score won't be negatively impacted any more than what it is now, assuming these even hurt you in the first place. I added a new EQ inquiry yesterday and there was no FICO score change when comparing it from the week or so prior. YMMV based on your credit. In other words, filing a dispute for these inquiries won't hurt your score.

However, an inquiry dispute will often lead to a fraud alert. That won't hurt your score either, but makes it harder to apply for credit. My DW had a FA on EQ and it was pretty easy to get it removed off her CR. Placing a credit freeze won't hurt your score either.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.