cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Discover POP-Up is getting REALLY OLD....

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The Discover POP-Up is getting REALLY OLD....

I thought for a minute the new scrolling credit card thing and the pop up for Discover was okay but now weeks into it I think something has crashed as I have a 5 second or so delay and then even after I close the pop up ad it takes another 5 seconds or so before the links to posts work... Myfico I can't believe you have sold out to this type of advertising, at least get a pre-qual going like creditcards.com that ACTUALLY works and does something! out of all websites I would think that would be an EASY sell to creditors and not such an annoyance here... is it just me?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Discover POP-Up is getting REALLY OLD....

Just you.  Perhaps the mods can move this post to smogasbord category.  The same topic has been posted by only a few.

Message 2 of 12
john398
Senior Contributor

Are you using a modern browser? I know i used to get it all the time til I changed browsers

Message 3 of 12
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Yeah I always have to wait until the pop up comes then the links don't work so I have to go to page 3 and then back to page 1.

Message 4 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I use Safari.

Message 5 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Awesomely wrote:

Yeah I always have to wait until the pop up comes then the links don't work so I have to go to page 3 and then back to page 1.

I actually never really noticed this until this morning, and then I saw it in all it's glory.

Going to move this to Product Feedback as I agree it's an incredibly poorly implemented form of advertising.

Edit: Google Chrome v.26.0.1410.65

        
Message 6 of 12
electra
Established Contributor

Yes, it annoys the bejesus out of me.  Seriously...especially on this forum.  Dear Discover...we are ALL aware of your product here.  Annoying us doesn't make us want it more...in fact, just the opposite.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 12
jsucool76
Super Contributor

+1

Same thing happens to me on chrome.
Message 8 of 12
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

i just use ad block plus works well on this website i see no credit card ads!

Message 9 of 12
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

I can confirm the problem with links on these browser/platform combos:

• Firefox on Mac OS X
  • Safari on Mac OS X
  • Firefox on Ubuntu and CentOS Linux
  • Firefox on Windows 7

I have gotten into the habit of just refreshing the page once I click off the ad, as it appears to be the only way to click anything afterwards.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.