Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is getting ridiculous - very weird TU score behavior

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This is getting ridiculous - very weird TU score behavior

Something is seriously screwed up with the monitoring.

Message 11 of 29
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

I caved and purchased another TU report today and sure enough my score is actually 695...not 661 (660 plus the one point increase I supposedly got today).  I wish I could figure out how to add a screenshot because my fluctuations look just like yours.  No rhyme, no reason. I am wondering when I will get hit with the mysterious drop again Smiley Sad

I certainly can't keep forking out the ducats for a new report every couple of weeks!  Surely we cannot be the only ones experiencing this?!

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instead of spending all that dough on reports from here, why not sign up for TU's monitoring service. If it's anything like experian's, you can pull a fresh report at any time and see whats on it, and what your score is. That way you can see if there are really fluctuations with your TU scores. Just go to the source. It would be cheaper than repeatedly pulling new ones from here.

Message 13 of 29
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Instead of spending all that dough on reports from here, why not sign up for TU's monitoring service. If it's anything like experian's, you can pull a fresh report at any time and see whats on it, and what your score is. That way you can see if there are really fluctuations with your TU scores. Just go to the source. It would be cheaper than repeatedly pulling new ones from here.

I may do that after a little research.  Thank you for the suggestion!  Saving money is always good Smiley Happy

I was trying to reconcile the huge points difference between Discover/Merrick and myFico....and the sporadic/ nonsensical 34 point drop, lol.  I was wondering if there was a flaw in the monitoring on this service....but evidently our cases are isolated ones.

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay, I signed up and pulled my report directly from TU. It's clean as a whistle so the 800's I'm getting whenever I buy a report here are accurate. I'd sure like to know why every time I get a MyFico update the score drops about 70 points.

Oh, and a note: The score provided by Transunion with the report is a fako, not a Fico.

Message 15 of 29
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

My score just dropped again...exactly 34 points just like before!  GRRRR.  I think I am going to just cancel at the end of this billing cycle.  This is ridiculous.  If this is a TU reporting issue they need to get it under control...I have to wonder if that is why my Walmart TU is showing 660, but my Discover shows 695!  Beyond frustrating.

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, mine also just did it again. I pulled my report directly from TU, and i'ts clean as a whistle. No reason for the drop.

Message 17 of 29
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

I am really starting to wonder if the issue is with Myfico or if it's funky reporting by TU.  I know the two things may not be related but I cannot get an increase from Synchrony to save my life...accounts hit 6 months old, perfect payments, and TU score is at least 50 points higher than when I applied but their Walmart Fico score says I am 660 with one of the main negative reasons listed as heavy use of revolving credit...my utilization is at 2%!   Meanwhile, Merrick and Discover have me at 695...and if I am correct, they are all reporting the same version of the score.  Something is wrong somewhere.  It is either myfico or TU.  It is kind of ironic to me that the score drops to exactly what my EQ score is everytime...strange eh? Could all be one huge funky coincidence, but I can't help but wonder if I am correct on at least one of my thoughts!

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Latest update on this weirdness. First, some additional data points - all recent:

Barclay TU score still shows the tax lien.

Merrick TU score still shows the tax lien.

Discover TU score shows a clean report.

Cap One credit tracker shows a clean report.

Credit Karma shows a clean report.

Credit Sesame shows a clean report.

Pulling directly from Transunion shows a clean report.

And the latest from MyFico:

Message 19 of 29
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

This is very good information...it looks as if somehow there is a lag in who receives report/score information and when?  Seeing your list and how the same versions are reflecting differently could explain why my Merrick/Discover scores are showing 34+/- higher than my Walmart score. So maybe the erratic fluctuations in our myFico TU scores are due to issues with TU itself? I have searched online with every keyword combination I could think of to see if there is a known TU reporting issue and found nothing.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.