Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of Spam/Idiotic Alerts That Can't Be Turned Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tired of Spam/Idiotic Alerts That Can't Be Turned Off

I subscribe to MyFico and am tired of idiotic alerts that can't be turned off.  One of the most basic rules about alerts is that you alert people about "events", not "non-events", otherwise people start ignoring the alerts and when they are important don't read them.  As an example, if I have an alarm system I don't want to be alerted that "your alarm system didn't go off today", that would be idiotic, I want to be alerted when it does go off!

Likewise, I don't want to receive 3 alerts every week telling me my "credit report was all clear this week", I want to receive alerts if something showed up on my credit report!  I am going to guess the user experience genius who was involved in creating this thought sending people endless ridiculous alerts would make it seem like we are getting more for our money, but it's just the opposite.

But the worst thing is your alert setttings don't give the user any way to turn these idiotic alerts off.

Rant off!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tired of Spam/Idiotic Alerts That Can't Be Turned Off

Although I'm not sure what the big deal is here, perhaps your email account can filter those out for you? If I chose to ignore those alerts, I'm sure I could easy filter them in my GMail account. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.